Home › Forums › Investments in the US › Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes › Mad Money: Key points from March 21, 2022 (Monday) episode
- This topic is empty.
2022-03-21 at 9:23 PM #5183暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, March 21, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Powell’s ‘been dealt an insanely bad hand’ in the inflation fight, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/21/cramer-powells-been-dealt-an-insanely-bad-hand-in-inflation-fight.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer defended Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Monday after the central bank chief promised aggressive action on inflation.
- “Jay Powell’s been dealt an insanely bad hand. So of course he’s fallen behind. Hence why he’s said that the Fed will move with alacrity from here on out,” the “Mad Money” host said.
What Jay Powell’s Facing: (i) Changes in how e live with Covid-19; (ii) Housing Inventory; (iii) State & Local tax hit; (iv) Shortages: (v) Food, oil and gas inflation
(2) Last week’s rally is a reminder to watch for bounces during market downturns, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/21/last-weeks-rally-is-a-reminder-to-watch-for-a-bounce-during-market-downturns-jim-cramer-says.html)
- The stock market’s recovery last week is proof that investors should never be too negative, even when all seems hopeless, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- “When the whole market roars, you need to recognize that not everything has the same kind of staying power,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Ticker: PLAN, M, DAL, AXP
(3) Kroger is a safety stock that can withstand inflation, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/21/kroger-is-a-safety-stock-that-can-withstand-inflation-jim-cramer-says.html)
- Grocery retailer Kroger is maintaining its position as a strong performer as competitors struggle with inflationary pressures, Cramer said.
- “We’ve got the worst inflation in decades, which is bad news for the whole industry except Kroger, which we know is coping just fine with inflation,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(4) Executive Interview: Stifel CEO says to ‘look by’ equity issuance decrease in first quarter (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/03/21/stifel-ceo-says-to-look-by-equity-issuance-decrease-in-first-quarter.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Stifel CEO Ron Kruszewski on Monday’s edition of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like Truist (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/21/cramers-lightning-round-i-like-truist.html)
- PPG Industries Inc: “I think PPG is down too much. I think it’s okay, but … This is a company that has been really hurt by raw costs. That’s going to end eventually. I think if you can handle disappointment at this point, I would buy the stock.”
- AppFolio Inc: “You’ve got a software portfolio that is meant for housing. And I think it’s much needed, and it reminds me very much of Anaplan, which got a bid today from Thoma Bravo.”
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B: ” I think [having it as more than a third of a portfolio is] a lot for any one particular company, but I do love the company so much. Let’s cut it to 20% [of a portfolio], so that we can sleep better at night.”
- Star Bulk Carriers Corp: “I think the dividend’s too high, but for what’s going on right now in Ukraine, I think it’s actually going to be good for the next year.”
- Vaalco Energy Inc: “This is, yes. It will work. It will work because [the price of] oil is so high, even though I don’t like their business model.”
- Plains All American Pipeline LP: “Typically, I would not be a fan, because they did have issues. … As much as I like Plains, I like [Enterprise Products Partners] more, but I will back Plains.”
- Truist Financial Corp: “I like Truist. … They’re in the right place where wealth is, they’re a very smart-run bank, I think it’s a good place to be.”
Ticker: PPG, APPF, BRKb, SBLK, EGY, PAA, TFC
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer explains how the U.S. can help alleviate the current global energy crisis (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/03/21/jim-cramer-explains-how-the-us-can-help-alleviate-the-current-global-energy-crisis.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday’s “Mad Money” discussed why he believes the U.S. should increase its production of natural gas and oil to combat the current global energy crisis.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):Intel (INTC), Devon Energy (DVN) [charitable trust], Walt Disney (DIS) [long term play, strong buy here], General Motors (GM ) [temporary decline] Chipotle (CMG) [I am a believer], United Natural Foods (UNFI) [buy]
- Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of March 21, 2022
- Google Podcast (Sound)
- Internet Archive (Video & Texts per minute）
- The Street – Mad Money Recap
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from March 21, 2022 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.