- This topic is empty.
2022-05-05 at 12:24 AM #5433暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, May 4, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer says Wednesday’s relief rally won’t vanquish the bears, expects Fed skeptics to remain (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/04/fed-decision-cramer-says-wednesdays-relief-rally-wont-vanquish-the-bears.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday he’s still “drawn to owning stocks,” despite concerns of a Fed-induced recession.
- The “Mad Money” host’s comments came after Wall Street rallied in response to Fed Chair Jerome Powell’s news conference.
- Given his economic outlook, Cramer likes banks stocks and profitable tech companies like Advanced Micro Devices.
The minds of sellers: Stock to Own Stooge Fed Chief, –> High-Yielding oils China and Ukraine out of control, –> Cyber Security & Defense A necessary crash landing, –> Drug & Food Plays Inside the Cramer camp –> AMD, NVDA, BANKS, TECH
(2) Executive Interview: Watch the full interview with GXO Logistics CEO (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/04/watch-the-full-interview-with-gxo-logistics-ceo.html)
GXO Logistics CEO Malcolm Wilson spoke to CNBC’s Jim Cramer for Wednesday’s edition of “Mad Money.” GXO is a supply chain and logistics outsourcing business that was spun off by XPO last year.
(3) Executive Interview: Watch the full interview with Revolve’s co-CEOs (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/04/watch-the-full-interview-with-revolves-co-ceos.html)
Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, co-founders and co-CEOs of online retailer Revolve, joined CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday’s “Mad Money.”
(4) Executive Interview: Clorox’s brands are inflation-proof and can thrive in recessions, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/04/cloroxs-brands-are-inflation-proof-and-can-thrive-in-recessions-ceo-says.html)
- Clorox is set for another round of price increases in July to help offset higher costs and “recover margins over time,” CEO Linda Rendle told CNBC on Wednesday.
- The CEO told Jim Cramer on “Mad Money” that Clorox brands offer superior value for things people need to use every day, even in recessions.
- There’s concern the Federal Reserve’s aggressive moves to stamp out inflation might slow economic growth and cause a recession.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Marvell Technology and Bausch Health are buys (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/04/cramers-lightning-round-marvell-technology-and-bausch-health-are-buys.html)
- Bausch Health: “We wanted to buy more today, but we ran out of time. This thing is being put on sale. There are shorts taking it all the way down. It is quite ridiculous. I wanted to be able to buy a huge slug of it today, so that’s how I feel for the [Charitable Trust].”
- Accenture: “They crushed that stock. The business is fantastic. They had a great quarter. I’m saying to people [buy, buy, buy].”
- Celularity: “That’s one of the higher risk stocks out there. The way I’d look at it is, be prepared to lose everything but otherwise make a lot of money if it works out.”
- Manulife: “They take on too much risk, Manulife. I’m not there for the 5% [dividend yield]. I don’t need it. Too much risk in the common stock.”
- Marvell Technology: “You should [keep buying more of it]. This company has two businesses: high-performance computing and 5G. We know those are the two strongest areas. It has no PC business. It has no gaming. Marvell is a stock that we’ve been buying, buying, buying for the Charitable Trust, and I think you should, too.”
- Iron Mountain: “I like Iron Mountain. Good yield, very consistent business. [Buy, buy, buy].”
Ticker: BHC [want to buy more for trust], ACN [buy, buy, buy], CELU, MFC, MRVL [buy, buy, buy; trust is keep buying], IRM [buy, buy, buy]
(6) [No Video Clip] Cramer says he feels bad for Starbucks’ former CEO (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/04/cramer-says-he-feels-bad-for-starbucks-former-ceo.html)
Kevin Johnson, the previous CEO of Starbucks, deserves a little more credit than returning chief Howard Schultz gives him credit for, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday.
Other Stock Discussed (call with audiences):Qualcomm (QCOM)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 4, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 4, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.