- This topic is empty.
2022-05-11 at 10:13 PM #5470暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, May 11, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Stock market’s dismal performance is ‘part of the fight against inflation,’ Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/stock-markets-dismal-performance-is-part-of-the-fight-against-inflation-jim-cramer-says.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday that while the hot consumer price index suggests the Federal Reserve is losing in its struggle against inflation, the dismal performance of stocks, particularly in the Russell 1000, offers a different view.
- When you look at the collapse of the IPO market and see the stocks in the Russell 1000 … we’re witnessing the most extreme wealth destruction that we’ve seen since the dotcom bust in 2000,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Worst Performing Stocks in the Russell 1000 since November: (i) Carvana, (ii) Upstart Holdings, (iii) Skillz, (iv) Unity Software, (v) Rivian Automotive, (vi) Tusimple Holdings, (vii) Fluence Energy, (viii) Gohealth, (ix) Wayfair, (x) Novavax, (xi) Fastly, (xii) Netflix
(2) Executive Interview: Unity CEO says ‘we expect to be profitable’ in Q4 after rough quarter (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/unity-ceo-says-we-expect-to-be-profitable-in-q4-after-rough-quarter.html)
- Unity Software expects slower growth in the second and fourth quarters while rebuilding its data but expects to be profitable at the end of the year, chief executive John Riccitiello told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday.
- Shares of the video software developer tumbled 37.05% on Wednesday, reaching a new 52-week low earlier in the day.
(3) Executive Interview: GlobalFoundries CEO says company is ready to ‘do its part’ to increase U.S.’s chip production (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/11/globalfoundries-ceo-says-company-is-ready-to-do-its-part-to-increase-uss-chip-production.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with GlobalFoundries CEO Tom Caulfield on Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
Ticker: GFS [buying opportunity]
(4) Executive Interview: Roblox CEO says April bookings are starting to turn around after a difficult March (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/roblox-ceo-david-baszucki-says-bookings-are-turning-around.html)
- Roblox CEO David Baszucki said Wednesday that bookings fell partially because the company saw boosted user engagement last year during the Covid pandemic.
- “March was a very difficult compare. We were all locked down a year ago,” Baszucki told Jim Cramer in a “Mad Money” interview.
- Roblox is starting to more seriously develop alternative sources of sales and new users for the virtual world, the CEO added.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like Blackstone over KKR (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/cramers-lightning-round-i-like-blackstone-over-kkr.html)
- Cisco Systems Inc: ”[Buy] slowly. … Don’t be aggressive in anything.”
- KKR & Co Inc: “You should be in Blackstone, not KKR.”
Ticker: CSCO, LNG, KKR
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer explains why he’s taking note of RH CEO Gary Friedman’s observations of the economy (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/11/jim-cramer-explains-why-hes-taking-note-of-rh-ceo-gary-friedmans-observations-of-the-economy.html)
The “Mad Money” host explained RH CEO Gary Friedman’s thoughts on the supply chain, housing and more in Wednesday’s episode of the show.
Other Stock Discussed (call with audiences): Hershey (HSY), Bausche Health (BHC) [Charitable Trust is sticking by]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 11, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 11, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.