- This topic is empty.
2022-05-16 at 11:27 PM #5490暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, May 16, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) ‘You can’t build on quicksand’ — Jim Cramer warns investors not to invest based on false hope (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/16/jim-cramer-warns-investors-not-to-invest-based-on-false-hope.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer told investors on Monday that they shouldn’t let short-term rallies trick them into making optimistic trading decisions.
- “So far, nothing’s gone right, so stop pretending otherwise and just get used to” the turbulent market environment, the “Mad Money” host said.
- Soaring inflation, concerns about the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes and fears of a recession are some of the economic factors currently roiling the market.
(2) Executive Interview: Nucor’s purchase of C.H.I. Overhead Doors is a ‘natural continuation of our strategy,’ Nucor CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/16/nucors-purchase-of-chi-overhead-doors-is-a-natural-continuation-of-our-strategy-nucor-ceo-says.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Nucor CEO Leon Topalian on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
Ticker: NUE Feb -early April sold
(3) Jim Cramer says to consider these five high-yielding stocks to upgrade your portfolio (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/16/jim-cramer-says-to-consider-these-five-high-yielding-stocks-to-upgrade-your-portfolio.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday gave investors a list of five “accidentally high yielders” that he believes will provide investors refuge in the currently unpredictable market.
- “Stick with the right groups and avoid the wrong ones — wrong ones being unprofitable tech companies or any other richly valued momentum stocks that have long since lost their momentum,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Accidental High Yielder: Huntington Bancshares (HBAN), Truist (TFC), Best Buy (BBY), Whirlpool (WHR), Digital Realty (DLR)
(4) Executive Interview: Masimo CEO talks acquisition of Sound United (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/16/masimo-ceo-talks-acquisition-of-sound-united.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Masimo CEO Joe Kiani on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I want to buy more Marvell Technology (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/16/cramers-lightning-round-i-want-to-buy-more-marvell-technology.html)
- Marvell Technology Inc: “They are the best when it comes to 5G, the best in high-performance computing. But remember, those things have fallen out of favor right now. … I’d like to buy more [for the Charitable Trust.] That’s the way to go.”
- Stem Inc: “It got very, very high. We moved away from companies that don’t make money. … We’re not recommending stocks that don’t [make] money.”
- AbCellera Biologics Inc: “They do make money, and I will give them that, although it’s not exciting when you’ve got so many great companies like Pfizer that make a lot of money and are inexpensive.”
- Starwood Property Trust Inc: “I would own that. … This is a very profitable company with a very good yield and a very good manager.”
- Capri Holdings Ltd: “I think it’s okay, but apparel is very out of favor with this market.”
Ticker: MRVL [Charitable Trust wants to buy more], STEM, ABCL, STWD, CRPI
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer reminds investors to be careful when navigating the stock market (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/16/jim-cramer-reminds-investors-to-be-careful-when-navigating-the-stock-market.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer reminded investors on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money” that while the market can be a great wealth creator, it can also be a wealth destroyer if investors aren’t careful.
Other Stock Discussed (call with audiences): GNRC [too connected to housing], ServiceNow (NOW), Zoom Video (ZM), Visa (V) [stay the course]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 16, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 16, 2022 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.