- This topic is empty.
2022-08-05 at 9:34 PM #5781暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, August 4, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says to consider buying these 8 stocks now that commodity prices are down (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/04/jim-cramer-says-to-consider-buying-these-8-stocks-now-that-commodity-prices-are-down.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday advised investors to take advantage of falling commodity prices by adding to their portfolios.
- “Oil’s down big, gasoline’s down big and you can now buy all sorts of stocks that benefit from cheaper fuel, especially the travel and leisure plays,” he said.
Stocks & Ticker: Toll Brothers (TOLL), Lennar (LEN), Disney (DIS), Waste Management (WM), Honeywell (HOB), Ford (F), DoorDash (DASH), Expedia (EXPE)
(2) Executive Interview: Chemours CEO addresses Cramer’s concerns about the company’s potential exposure to PFAS liability (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/04/chemours-ceo-addresses-cramers-concerns-about-the-companys-potential-exposure-to-pfas-liability.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Chemours CEO Mark Newman on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(3) Executive Interview: XPO Logistics’ Brad Jacobs discusses stepping down as CEO with Mario Harik to succeed him (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/04/xpo-logistics-ceo-discusses-stepping-down-as-ceo-with-mario-harik-to-succeed-him.html)
- XPO Logistics announced Thursday that Mario Harik will be taking over the role of chief executive from Brad Jacobs after the company’s spin-off of its high-tech truck brokerage business in the fiscal fourth quarter.
- Jacobs will remain as executive chairman at XPO and non-executive chairman at the spun-off company.
(4) Executive Interview: Federal Realty CEO discusses the company’s residential portfolio strength (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/04/federal-realty-ceo-discusses-the-companys-residential-portfolio-strength.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Federal Realty CEO Don Wood on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like E.L.F Beauty over Coty (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/04/cramers-lightning-round-i-like-elf-beauty-over-coty.html)
- Ammo Inc: “I know it’s a little bit of a far field in terms of where you are versus what it is, but Dick’s is my favorite in that group.”
- Inmode Ltd: “It’s a good company, but the people hate the medical device companies. … I think they’re overly hated. That’s why I like [Johnson & Johnson].”
- Quantumscape Corp: “Anything that’s connected to the EV market, if it ain’t Tesla, then I don’t want it.”
- Coty Inc: “When we’re in that area, you know we go with E.L.F. … That’s the stock to be in.”
- Carlyle Group Inc: “If I’m going to go that way … I’m going to go with Blackstone. I think that it’s a better-run company.”
- Silvergate Capital Corp: “I am no longer a huge crypto guy. I was in it as long as it was right. Now that it’s wrong, I’m not there.
Ticker: POWW, INMD, QS, COTY, CG, SI
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says short-term pain may be unavoidable in oil (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/04/jim-cramer-says-short-term-pain-may-be-unavoidable-in-oil.html)
The “Mad Money” host gave his take on oil and where it’s headed on Thursday’s episode of the show.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):Marvell Technology (MRVL) [good time to buy], AMD (AMD), Datadog (DDOG) [very crowded area], Sofi Tech (SOFI) [it is a mistake to sell here]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 4, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 4, 2022 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.