- This topic is empty.
2022-08-14 at 3:31 PM #5811暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, August 8, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Hot inflation numbers could push Fed to raise rates in August (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/08/cramers-week-ahead-hot-inflation-could-push-fed-into-august-rate-hike.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday said that the Federal Reserve could raise interest rates in August, before its next scheduled meeting in September, if this week’s economic data shows that inflation isn’t abating.
- “If I were Chairman Jay Powell … I’d be hard-pressed not to call a special Fed meeting this month to hit us with another 75-basis point rate hike,” Cramer said.
[Charitable Trust owns DIS]
(2) Executive Interview: Oshkosh CEO discusses supply chain disruptions, says issues are ‘across the board’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/08/oshkosh-ceo-discusses-supply-chain-disruptions-says-issues-are-across-the-board.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Oshkosh CEO John Pfeifer on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(3) Jim Cramer says these 7 Covid-era winning stocks have staying power (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/08/jim-cramer-says-these-7-covid-era-winning-stocks-have-staying-power.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday offered investors a list of stocks that saw huge gains during the height of the Covid pandemic and continue to perform well.
- “Wall Street wrote off all the Covid winners, but a handful of these companies have proven to be real staying power giants. and I think it’s absolutely worth sticking with their stocks,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Stock & Ticker (Cramer’s list of stock picks): (i) Amazon (AMZN), (ii) Danaher (DHR), (iii), Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) [you should buy, it is a steal here], (iv) PerkinElmer (PKI), (v) DoorDash (DASH), (vi) Costco (COST) [it is a bargain], (vii) CVS Health (CVS)
(4) Executive Interview: Cloudflare CEO says the company is focusing on generating cash flow (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/08/cloudflare-ceo-says-the-company-is-focusing-on-generating-cash-flow.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Cloudflare CEO Matthew Prince on Monday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Sunrun is too speculative for me (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/08/cramers-lightning-round-sunrun-is-too-speculative-for-me.html)
- Enterprise Products Partners LP: “I think it’s a terrific stock. … I want you to buy it.”
- Citigroup Inc: “It’s a very inexpensive stock but I think it’s going to stay inexpensive, and I’d much rather see you in Morgan Stanley.”
- Sunrun Inc: “It’s too speculative for me.”
- Cadence Design Systems Inc: “I think it’s fabulous. It’s been one of the greatest performers since the show began. … I think you’ve got a real winner there.”
- Encore Capital Group Inc: “It is too dangerous going into a possible Fed-mandated recession.”
- MP Materials Corp: “I felt good about them, because you know I think they’re one of the few SPACs that has any staying power.”
- Stem Inc: “I am not the call when it comes to that energy storage solution business.”
Ticker: EPD [buy, buy, buy], C, RUN [buy, buy, buy], CDNS, ECPG, MP [buy, buy, buy], STEM
(6) Jim Cramer gives his take on the shortfalls in Nvidia’s preliminary earnings report (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/08/jim-cramer-gives-his-take-on-the-shortfalls-in-nvidias-preliminary-earnings-report.html)
The “Mad Money” host gave his thoughts on Nvidia’s disappointing preliminary earnings report on Monday’s episode of the show.
Ticker: NVDA [charitable trust owns NVDA]
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Lockheed Martin (LMT) [it’s a buy; Buy Buy Buy], Starbucks (SBUX) [added bullpen for the charitable trust; Buy Buy Buy], Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) [Buy Buy Buy, should be bought aggressively]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 8, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 8, 2022 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.