- This topic is empty.
2022-08-21 at 11:27 PM #5853暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, August 18, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Companies ‘can’t really plan’ in muddled economic cycles, Jim Cramer warns investors (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/18/jumbled-economic-booms-and-busts-means-companies-cant-really-plan-jim-cramer-warns-investors.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday advised investors to accept that companies will most likely continue struggling to plan for the future as they adjust to quick, constantly evolving changes in the economy.
- “In that kind of environment, you can’t really plan — you just have to guess,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(2) Executive Interview: Generac CEO says concerns about power outages due to natural disasters increase demand for the company’s services (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/18/generac-ceo-says-concerns-about-power-outages-due-to-natural-disasters-increase-demand-for-the-companys-services.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Generac CEO Aaron Jagdfeld on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(3) [No Video Clip] Am I diversified? Jim Cramer makes the call (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/18/am-i-diversified-jim-cramer-makes-the-call.html)
The “Mad Money” host examined callers’ portfolios and explained whether they are diversified enough on Thursday’s episode of the show.
- Apple (AAPL), P&G (PG), AT&T (T), Anheuser-Busch (BUD), McDonald (MCD) –> Replace AT&T with T-Mobile
- Alphabet (GOOGL), Apple (AAPL), Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT), Coterra Energy Inc. (CTRA), Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) –> Two energy, but ok
- Chevron (CVX), GM (GM), Barrick Gold (GOLD), Coca-Cola (KO), Altria Group (MO) –> You should have health care, get some Humana (HUM) instead of MO
- Hershey (HSY), Snowflake (SNOW), UnitedHealth (UNH), Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) –> perfect portfolio
(4) Executive Interview: Synopsys CEO on the new wave of ‘smart everything’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/18/synopsys-ceo-on-the-new-wave-of-smart-everything.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Synopsys CEO Aart de Geus on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Paramount is worth the house of pain (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/18/cramers-lightning-round-paramount-is-worth-the-house-of-pain.html)
- Atkore Inc: “I’ve been fascinated by this. … I’m going to look into them deeper.”
- Paramount Global: “It is ridiculously cheap. I like the stock. … I think it’s worth the house of pain for the ultimate [house of pleasure].”
- Ammo Inc: “I don’t recommend these gun stocks. They don’t make anybody any money.”
- Zoetis Inc: “I say it is [a buy]. … I like Zoetis.”
- Moderna Inc: “I like Moderna very much. I think it’s undervalued.”
- Warner Bros Discovery Inc: “I have a certain corner of my garden where I throw my rotten tomatoes. … You know what I’m going to call that corner? The Warner Bros corner.”
Ticker: ATKR, PARA, POWW, ZTS, MRNA, WBD
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says the SEC should take action on crypto pump and dump schemes (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/18/jim-cramer-says-the-sec-should-take-action-on-crypto-pump-and-dump-schemes.html)
The “Mad Money” host gave his take on why the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission should take steps to regulate crypto on Thursday’s episode of the show.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Caterpillar (CAT), Macy’s (M)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 18, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 18, 2022 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.