- This topic is empty.
2022-10-24 at 11:52 PM #6498暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, October 24, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says these 13 companies’ earnings helped drive markets higher (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/jim-cramer-these-13-companies-earnings-helped-drive-markets-higher.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday offered investors a list of companies whose solid quarters he believes have helped the market rally recently.
- “Earnings are sharply better than expected, and that — not just the idea that the Fed might pause the rate hikes after its upcoming meeting — was what’s driving the market’s newfound strength,” he said.
Stocks & Ticker: Bank of America (BAC), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Goldman Sachs (GS), Lockheed Martin (LMT), Netflix (NFLX), Procter & Gamble (PG), IBM (IBM), Tesla (TSLA), AT&T (T), Tractor Supply (TSCO), CSX (CSX), SLB (SLB), American Express (AXP)
(2) Cramer breaks down Starboard’s thesis that drove its recent investments (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/10/24/cramer-breaks-down-starboards-thesis-that-drove-its-recent-investments.html)
Cramer explained why he believes Starboard recently took stakes in Wix, Splunk, Salesforce and Vertiv.
Ticker: WIX, SPLK, CRM, VRT
(3) Off-the-Chart: Charts suggest the U.S. dollar could be peaking, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/charts-suggest-the-us-dollar-could-be-peaking-jim-cramer-says.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Monday said that the spiking U.S. dollar could peak soon.
- To explain Carley Garner’s analysis, Cramer examined the weekly chart of the dollar index going back to 2017.
(4) Cramer breaks down his homework on Iron Mountain (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/10/24/cramer-breaks-down-his-homework-on-iron-mountain.html)
Cramer on Monday broke down his thoughts on Iron Mountain and whether its stock is investable.
Ticker: IRM [IRM earned our trust. Worth investing in]
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I can’t recommend Icahn Enterprises (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/cramers-lightning-round-i-cant-recommend-icahn-enterprises.html)
- Icahn Enterprises LP: “I don’t know what’s in that fund. I can’t recommend it.”
- Constellation Energy Corp: “Constellation Energy is still good.”
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc: “They’re not good enough. … I just don’t want you to buy that one.”
- New York Community Bancorp Inc: “I’d rather see you in one that should not be where it is, that yields a very good price and that’s Morgan Stanley.”
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc: “I think it may be time to pull the trigger.”
Ticker: IEP, CEG, ARE, NYCB, WBA
(6) Cramer explains why investors should focus on individual stocks, not futures (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/10/24/cramer-explains-why-investors-should-focus-on-individual-stocks-not-futures.html)
Jim Cramer on Monday advised investors to pay attention to the action of individual stocks.
Ticker: TESLA, META
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Devon Energy (DVN), SOFI (Sofi) [it is bottoming], The Kraft Heinz (KHC) [too cheap, not great company]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of October 24, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from October 24, 2022 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.