- This topic is empty.
2023-05-10 at 12:10 AM #7009暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, May 9, 2023. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Why betting on Home Depot could be a win right now, according to Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/09/jim-cramer-betting-on-home-depot-could-be-a-win-right-now.html)
- In two recent paint and manufacturing conference calls, CEOs said professional contractors have surprisingly strong backlogs, despite a cooldown on the consumer front.
- To Cramer, this makes Home Depot a compelling stock right now, since contractors often favor the home improvement retailer.
“The craft of stock picking
- check out the day’s big winners
- listen to the conference call
- read the Wall Street research
- compare the stock to its peers
- examine the stock chart”
Ticker: TREX, AZEK, HD
(2) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Executive Interview: Xponential Fitness CEO Anthony Geisler sits down with Jim Cramer to talk quarterly earnings results (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/09/xponential-fitness-ceo-anthony-geisler-sits-down-with-jim-cramer-to-talk-quarterly-earnings-results.html)
Xponential Fitness CEO Anthony Geisler joins ‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer to discuss quarterly earnings results, outlook for the second half of the year, and the pandemic recovery period.
(3) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Off-the-Chart: A weaker U.S. dollar is good for stocks, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/09/a-weaker-us-dollar-is-good-for-stocks-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer breaks down the correlation between a weaker dollar and the stock market.
(4) Executive Interview: Brunswick Corp. CEO David Foulkes goes one-on-one with Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/09/brunswick-corp-ceo-david-foulkes-goes-one-on-one-with-jim-cramer.html)
Brunswick Corp. CEO David Foulkes joins ‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer to talk sales numbers, luxury item demand, and more.
(5) Lightning Round: Stem hasn’t been able to execute its game plan (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/09/lightning-round-stem-hasnt-been-able-to-execute-its-game-plan.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer weighs in on stocks including: Nextera Energy Partners, CSX Corp., Stem Inc., Polaris Inc., Fortinet Inc., Perion Network, and SoFi.
Ticker: NEP [buy buy buy, you got a winner], CSX [I like CSX, buy more into the weakness], STEM [disappointed, sell sell sell], PII [did better than I thought, but I don’t want to pull the trigger on PII], FTNT [I like, club owns Palo Alto Network, but I like FTNT for ages], PERI [I don’t know it, I have to do more work and come back], SOFI [I am a believer of regional banks, I have to talk to]
(6) ‘Skyworks could rebound hard from its lows’, says Jim Cramer on post-earnings buying opportunities (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/09/skyworks-could-rebound-hard-from-its-lows-says-jim-cramer-on-post-earnings-buying-opportunities.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer talks buying opportunities following post-earnings call slumps in stocks.
Ticker: SWKS [I don’t think its done go higher, don’t give up] [Charitable trust owns PANW, AMD], SBUX [I am a buyer right here]
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM) [sell sell sell], Carvana Co. (CVNA) [short squeeze, it can be go up but I do not like the company that is losing money, so CVNA is not our cup of tea], DocuSign (DOCU) [start making money, can go up, at time you have to go]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 9, 2023
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 9, 2023 (Tuesday) Episode’ is closed to new replies.