- This topic is empty.
2023-05-08 at 11:09 PM #7004暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, May 8, 2023. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) A number of outperforming stocks have bucked macro trends, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/08/cramer-several-outperforming-stocks-have-bucked-macro-trends.html)
- Deep research on an individual stock will guide investors far better than relying on macro strategy to pick investments, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- Strategists sometimes don’t have a bottom-up view that investors need to succeed, Cramer said.
- The “mosaic” might not make sense, but the individual components do, Cramer continued.
What’s Working in This Market?: (1) Industrials [Industrials are winning if they’re involved in aerospace or decarbonization] — ROK, DE, JCI, LIN, CMI, APD, HON, GE, ETN, BA, PH; (2) Housing — LEN, KBH, PHM; (3) Healthcare — EW, ABT, RMD, SYK, NVO, MDT, MRK, LLY, VRTX, ISRG; (4) Travel & Leisure — AAL, CAKE, RCL, DAL, DRI, CMG, MAR; (5) Consumer Packaged Goods — CPB, PEP, PG, CAG, GIS, CL; (6) Big Cap Techs — MSFT, NVDA, GOOGL, META, AAPL, AMZN, ADI, AVGO
(2) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Executive Interview: Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo sits down with Jim Cramer to talk tech innovations in healthcare (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/08/stryker-ceo-kevin-lobo-sits-down-with-jim-cramer-to-talk-tech-innovations-in-healthcare.html)
Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo joins ‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer to talk quarterly earnings, new products, and the state of the healthcare industry.
(3) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Madison Square Garden Sports getting a boost from higher price tags on sports teams, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/08/madison-square-garden-sports-getting-a-boost-from-higher-price-tags-on-sports-teams-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer talks major sports media stocks and their connection to the growing costs of sports franchises.
Ticker: MSGS [up 15% since 4/1/22, still too cheap; to be continued to be move higher], MANU [up 27% since 4/1/22, but key catalyst is gone], BATRA [up 5%, spin ff the braves
FWONK [up 5% since 4/1/22],
braves [up 35% since 4/1/22]
(4) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Executive Interview: Exelon CEO Calvin Butler joins Jim Cramer after beating on quarterly earnings results (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/08/exelon-ceo-calvin-butler-joins-jim-cramer-after-beating-on-quarterly-earnings-results.html)
Exelon CEO Calvin Butler joins ‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer to discuss its recent quarterly earnings beat, invesment’s in the company’s future, and more.
(5) [No Video Clip] Lightning Round
Ticker: ACCD, APA [if you want to be natural gas, you have to own CTRA for natural gas; charitable trust owns CTRA], GETY [I don’t know anything about them], SCHW [I don’t want to own it, but it is a great company], ENVX [ALB is the only one I like in the industry]
(6) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Jim Cramer makes a case for Apple being considered a consumer product company (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/08/jim-cramer-makes-a-case-for-apple-being-considered-a-consumer-product-company.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer talks Apple’s stock performance and why he thinks it’s a mistake looking at Apple as just a tech company.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Newell Brands (NWL) [I am very concerned about NWL], Take-Two (TTWO) [buy buy buy, I will buy very aggressively], (LNW) Light & Wonder [earning report tomorrow, wait and see]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 8, 2023
Previous episode Next Episode
- The forum ‘Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes’ is closed to new topics and replies.