- This topic is empty.
2023-09-20 at 9:30 PM #7322暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, September 19, 2023. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer says investors should focus on facts and not get caught up in ‘gloom’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/19/cramer-says-investors-should-not-get-caught-up-in-gloom.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday told investors not to let their perception of stocks be clouded by “gloom,” encouraging them to focus on companies’ overall health instead of stock movements.
- “If you let the gloom control you here, I think you’ll be making the classic mistake so many make,” he said.
Ticker: DIS, ORCL [buy for charitable trust right here], SBUX, NVDA
(2) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Instacart’s team was realistic when it came to assessing market demand, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/19/instacarts-team-was-realistic-when-it-came-to-assessing-market-demand-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer talks Instacart’s IPO today and the IPO landscape moving forward.
(3) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] Off-the-Chart: Jim Cramer hits the charts to talk crude oil prices (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/19/jim-cramer-hits-the-charts-to-talk-crude-oil-prices.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer takes a technical look at oil as prices continue to climb.
(4) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] In an uncertain market I like to look for concrete things to fall back on, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/19/in-an-uncertain-market-i-like-to-look-for-concrete-things-to-fall-back-on-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer talks navigating an uncertain market including keeping an eye on stock buybacks.
Buyback monsters: DXC Technology [Share count reduction: 10.8%], Discover [8.5%; worst in buybacks], Synchrony [7.2%]
“Bottom Line: A big buyback’s nota reason to buy a stock – You need positive fundamentals.”
(5) Cramer’s Lightning Round: ‘too much hype’ for C3.ai (https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/19/cramers-lightning-round-too-much-hype-for-c3ai.html)
- C3.ai: “They had a bad quarter, it was just no. No, no. I see too much hype, too much fluff, don’t want you in that stock.”
- Micron: ”…Micron’s coming out of the trough, I agree with the hype. The one thing I worry about is two firms have now upgraded it, so you got a lot of hot money in it.”
- Jack Henry & Associates: “It’s a very good company, but I do not want to be in the service bureau business for financials and banks right now.”
- Biohaven: “Now you’re really in the speculative no man’s land, and I think that if you want to, be willing to risk pretty much everything, I’m in favor of it. But you have to understand that that’s how dicey it is.”
- Sempra: “Sempra’s doing incredibly well…If anything, I would like to buy more Sempra. I think Jeff Martin’s doing a fantastic job, it’s a really interesting situation.”
- Chart Industries: ”…I think it’s doing very well. It is highly valued, but I think it’s got a lot, a big book of business.”
Ticker: AI [No], MU [buy buy buy], JKHY, BHVN, SRE, GTLS
(6) [No Video Clip for non-Club Member] The term ‘supercycle’ needs to be retired, it’s the kiss of death, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/09/19/the-term-supercycle-needs-to-be-retired-its-the-kiss-of-death-says-jim-cramer.html)
‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer warns of the dangers of a ‘supercycle’.
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Coca Cola (KO) [I don’ think any reason to add now; no man’s land], DraftKings (DKNG) [like the stock, but diversification must trump any individual stock], Piedmont Lithium (PLL) [way too speculative], Navigator Holdings (NVGS) [a few ship company I recommend, great idea]
- Google Podcast (音声）
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of September 19, 2023
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from September 19, 2023 (Tuesday) Episode’ is closed to new replies.