- This topic is empty.
2021-01-14 at 10:09 PM #3268暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, January 14, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) GameStop, Bed Bath & Beyond shares are surging from short busting, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/jim-cramer-gamestop-bed-bath-beyond-are-surging-on-short-busting.html)
- “Like it or not, right now we’ve got a bull market in short busting, and I bet you’ll see more stories like GameStop and Bed Bath. I don’t recommend trying to game them.” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond spiked 19% Thursday, bested by GameStop’s 27% run no the market.
- “I actually don’t like short bashing and stuff like this feels incredibly sketchy to me” but “I can’t deny it’s working,” he said.
Ticker: GME, BYND, BBBY
(2) Executive Interview: Signet’s move into selling jewelry online yields strong holiday results, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/signets-move-into-selling-jewelry-online-yields-strong-holiday-results-ceo.html)
- Signet Jewelers shares surged 6% after the company disclosed preliminary results for its latest fiscal quarter Thursday, showing a strong online performance during the holiday shopping season.
- “Our team has done an amazing job bringing new technology so that we can unlock the selling of jewelry online,” powered by online consultation and visualization capabilities, CEO Virginia Drosos told
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday.
The company’s newly launched order online, pick up in store service was the big driver over the holiday period, she said.
(3) Executive Interview: Honeywell teams with North Carolina businesses to help accelerate Covid vaccine rollout (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/honeywell-teams-with-north-carolina-businesses-on-covid-vaccine-rollout.html)
- Charlotte, North Carolina-based Honeywell announced Thursday that it’s partnered with a consortium of local businesses to help accelerate the state’s Covid-19 vaccine rollout.
- The partnership with Atrium Health, Tepper Sports & Entertainment and the Charlotte Motor Speedway plans to set up mass vaccination sites across the state.
- “The pharma companies did a great job bringing us these vaccines, and we really need to get them into people’s arms as quickly as we possibly can,” Honeywell CEO Darius Adamczyk told CNBC’s Jim Cramer in a “Mad Money” interview.
(4) Executive Interview: Cisco CEO defends revised Acacia deal, calls new valuation ‘reasonable’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/01/14/cisco-ceo-defends-revised-acacia-deal-calls-new-valuation-reasonable.html)
Cisco Systems CEO Chuck Robbins discussed his company’s plan to acquire Acacia Communications for $115 per share, up from $70 per share in an initial agreement that was scrapped.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Salesforce is near attractive buying levels (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/cramers-lightning-round-salesforce-is-near-attractive-buying-levels.html)
- Ballard Power Systems: “Ballard’s, but Plug [Power] is my fave.”
- Romeo Power: “I like Romeo Power. I like the battery solution. I think it’s good. … This is one that’s come down a lot and I think it’s kind of attractive, frankly.”
- Occidental Petroleum: “You are going to have to get out of it eventually … You’ve got this window. I bet it goes back to where you bought it, but then you’ve got to roll. That’s what I would do.”
- Salesforce: “People don’t like the acquisition. Once the deal closes, they will. I think Salesforce is having a real good quarter, real good year. I sense your frustration. I almost pulled the trigger … to buy back more Salesforce. We’re holding off right now, but I think we’re going to have to start buying next week.”
Ticker: BLDP, PLUG, OXY, CRM
(6) [No Video Clip] Following the young money — chasing socially responsible investing –– Petco Health & Wellness Company(WOOF), Lion Electronics (NGA [SPAC])
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC), The Trade Desk, Inc. (TTD)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 14, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 14, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.