- This topic is empty.
2021-01-15 at 9:11 PM #3274暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, January 15, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Opportunities are abounding, but must be spotted first (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/cramers-week-ahead-opportunities-are-abounding-but-must-be-spotted-first.html)
- “When an event occurs and the market gets exactly what it wants, but nothing more, it’s treated as a reason to sell, not to buy,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said, explaining how President-elect Joe Biden’s coronavirus stimulus package proposal did not spark a rally in stocks Friday.
- “Biden’s stimulus bill merely met expectations. It didn’t beat the ‘stimulus whisper,’ so to speak,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “There are opportunities abounding, you just need to spot them first and figure out if they’re trades or investments,” he said.
(2) Executive Interview: Porch Group boosts 2021 forecasts with new acquisitions, in wake of December SPAC deal (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/porch-group-coming-off-spac-deal-ups-forecast-after-closing-new-mergers.html)
- Porch Group, an online home services marketplace, announced four key acquisitions that the company expects to help expand its business-to-business-to-consumer platform across the country.
- “We really are making that experience for anyone that’s moving into a new home feel like it does to a CEO, where you get this corporate relocation and everything is just handled for you, and it’s magical,” founder and CEO Dave Girouard told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- The company expects the new acquisitions to bolster its revenue prospects by 42% for 2021.
(3) Jim Cramer says 5G is gaining momentum, reveals favorite related stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/jim-cramer-says-5g-is-gaining-momentum-reveals-favorite-related-stocks.html)
- “We’ve been getting ready for the big 5G buildout for years. It really got rolling last year, but now it’s got the momentum we need to invest in,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “I want to give you a variety of different ways to play it, which is why we’ve created the Mad Money 5G ETF, made from 10 of my favorite 5G names,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- The basket of stocks includes a wireless carrier, cell phone tower developer, two hardware makers, four semiconductor companies, a cybersecurity firm and a cloud content provider.
Cramer’s 5G ETF stocks: T-Mobile (TMUS), Crown Castle (CCI), Apple (AAPL), inseego (INSG), Marvell (MRVL), Qualcomm (QCOM), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Taiwan Semiconductor Company (TSM), CrowdStrike (CRWD), Fastly (FSLY)
(4) All lending is heading toward the use of AI, online lending marketplace Upstart CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/01/15/lending-is-being-disrupted-by-ai-lending-marketplace-upstart-ceo-says.html)
Artificial intelligence is being leveraged in ways to produce higher approval rates for borrowers and lower loss rates for lenders, leading to more profitability for financial companies, Upstart CEO Dave Girouard said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Buy the stock of Boeing (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/cramer-lightning-round-buy-the-stock-of-boeing.html)
- American Airlines: “I think that that stock has now moved up too much. They did the giant equity offering, they had to do it, they had to raise money. I don’t know how much money they’re losing. … My suggestion is: buy the stock of Boeing because, if it really comes back, everyone is short planes and needs them.”
- American Tower: “I like Crown Castle more. … The reason why AMT’s going down is because, like Crown Castle, it trades off of interest rates. It shouldn’t, these are growth companies, but that’s what happens. I would prefer you to be in CCI than I would you to be in AMT.”
- Opko Health: “I don’t know what to say, Keith. I’m glad you brought this up. … I’m beginning to believe, you don’t want to hear this, but the day is not arriving, at least not anytime soon.”
- General Motors: “That company could be worth far more. … I think it’s real good.”
- Surface Oncology: “I candidly am not in the genomics oncology business, but I know that this is where, if you wanted to have a speculative stock, it seems like a very good place to be.”
- S&P Global: “I think SPGI is a remarkable company. I like this acquisition, I think it’s great. Some of these high-growth companies have started to roll over. People are scared. I think you should actually buy some SPGI.”
Ticker: AAL, BA, AMT, CCI, OPK, GM, F, SURF, SPGI
(6) [No Video Clip] A race to vaccine
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): RUN [like solar stocks, wait after inauguration] GHIB [like them] , Datadog (DDOG) [hold on]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 15, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 15, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.