- This topic is empty.
2021-01-20 at 12:48 AM #3287暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Janet Yellen at top of Treasury would give boost to bull investors, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/jim-cramer-janet-yellen-would-give-bull-investors-an-advantage.html)
- “Over and over again, she made the case for a full-employment agenda to help people who don’t have jobs and need to put food on the table. That means Yellen wants to spend a lot of money,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said of Janet Yellen’s Senate hearing.
- “When I hear Yellen talking about ‘big,’ it makes me feel like the bulls have a home field advantage with Yellen at the helm,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Yellen, former Federal Reserve chair, was questioned by senators Tuesday after being picked by President-elect Joe Biden to be Treasury secretary.
Ticker: BB, PLTR, BBY, FB, AMZN, NFLX, GOOGL, MSFT
(2) [No Video Clip] Off-the-Chart: Dollar Index vs 10-Year Note
(3) Jim Cramer says most of his ‘Go’ list reopening stocks are still worth buying, despite gains (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/cramer-says-his-go-list-stocks-are-still-worth-buying-despite-gains.html)
- “Other than Mastercard and 3M, our ‘Go’ stocks have been fabulous performers since we found out about the vaccine in November,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “With the way our government’s been bungling the vaccine rollout, you better believe this list will get another leg higher once the pandemic’s finally under control,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “I think the ones that are working have more upside as Americans get vaccinated and a new president gets sworn in with, I think, a more serious federal Covid plan,” he said.
The laggers: 3M (MMM), Mastercard (MA)
Up 20% to 30% since 8/5/2020: Union Pacific (UNP), Emerson (EMR) [more room to run], Nucor Corporation (UNE) [still cheap]
Up 30 to 40% since 8/5/2020: PPG (PPG), Disney (DIS), Nike (NKE)
Top performer: Dupont (DD), Ralph Lauren Corporation (RL), PVH (PVH)
(4) Logitech CEO details carbon transparency plans, challenges businesses to do more (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/logitech-ceo-details-carbon-transparency-plans-urges-businesses-to-do-more.html)
- CEO Bracken Darrell explained on “Mad Money” how Logitech plans to become the first consumer electronics company to disclose to consumers the carbon output of its products’ lifeline.
- “All of that carbon impact is going to go on our labels, and we hope that that will influence other companies in every industry to compete,” he said of the company’s plans to be more eco-friendly.
- “Like calories on a food package, we’re going to have carbon on our package,” he said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Canopy is the way to play marijuana (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/cramers-lightning-round-canopy-is-the-way-to-play-marijuana.html)
- Fubotv: “I’ll take Penn Nat or Draftkings.”
- Nano Dimension: “I want to be careful once these moves have been made. They tend to have another leg up, but I don’t want to be too aggressive.”
- Canopy Growth: “I have a very good feel that Canopy is the way to play this group.”
- Ciig Merger: ’I have looked at it and I like it. I like it a lot, what can I say. … I’m a believer that it’s a good spec.”
- Churchill Capital: “Anything Michael Klein’s been involved with, what can I say, I have liked it. Again, speculative though. I really want to distinguish that.”
- Quanta Services: “It does [have more room to run] because it’s time has come.”
Ticker: FUBO, PENN, DKNG, NNDM, CGC, CCIV, PWR
(6) [No Video Clip] Read conference calls — From Conference call of Banks
- American consumer continues to pay down debt
- Banks are spending heavily on tech
- Despite economic weakness, banks can afford to return more money to shareholders
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): SMG, WIX, CMG, MCD, PFE
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 19, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 19, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.