Mad Money: Key points from February 24, 2021 (Wednesday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from February 24, 2021 (Wednesday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, February 24, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) These fractional stocks, not GameStop, can outdo hedge funds at their own game, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/24/cramer-these-fractional-stocks-not-gamestop-can-outdo-hedge-funds.html)

• “If you really want to beat the big institutions at their own game, you don’t do it with GameStop and AMC. You do it with fractional shares and you do it right,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
      • “The $500 Club … is how you make real wealth,” the “Mad Money” host, revealing a list of high-dollar stocks worth owning, said.
      • “Some of [these stocks] are still off their highs, even after today,” he said. “I want you to pick three and start buying.”

Ticker: AMZN, CMG, TTD, TSLA, ISRG, ALGN, NVDA, LRCX, NOW, MFLX, HUBS GOOGL

(2) Executive Interview: Gen Z and millennials seeking flexibility are changing corporate America, Upwork CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/24/upwork-ceo-gen-z-and-millennials-are-changing-corporate-america.html)

• Younger workers are seeking more work flexibility and control over their careers, forcing companies to change their workplace strategies amid a surge in remote-work interest, Upwork CEO Hayden Brown said.
      • “The paradigm has totally shifted,” she said in a “Mad Money” interview.
      • “This is a long-term trend that has been happening in the workforce, and companies are waking up to the fact that if they want to be working with the best talent, they have to be tapping into the independent economy,” she said.

Ticker: UPWK

(3) Cramer: 10 SPAC stock ideas worth buying on a decline (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/24/cramer-10-spac-stock-ideas-worth-buying-on-a-decline.html)

• “When the SPAC stocks get hammered as a group, Wall Street tends to throw the baby out with the bathwater, like we saw earlier this week,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Wednesday.
      • “The next time these higher-quality SPACs get hit … you need to be ready to buy,” the “Mad Money” host said.
      • “I’m not telling you to pull the trigger right now, I’m saying you should watch them on the way down because they do break” to lower levels, he said.

Ticker: MP Materials (MP) [I want you ready for the next pullback], Star Peak Energy Transition Corp (STPK) [even better buying opportunity once the [deal to buy Stem] closes], Porch Group (PRCH) [you can start buying Porch right here], Utz Brands (UTZ) [if it pulls back to closer to $20, you need to be ready to pull the trigger on Utz], DraftKings (DKNG) [if you like this one, it’s up on a spike, but it could come down], Social Capital Hedosophia (IPOF) [You can buy it right here, [but] leave room [to buy more on] the way down], Vertiv (VRT) [You can put on a small position here, then you hope it comes down” to buy more], Open Lending (LPRO) [this thing’s going to look like a steal” at current levels], Skillz (SKLZ) [If it falls below $30, pull the trigger], AppHarvest (APPH) [If it falls to the high $20s, nibble.]

(4) Executive Interview: MP Materials CEO says there’s a new ‘gold rush’ in rare earth minerals (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/24/mp-materials-ceo-says-theres-a-new-gold-rush-in-rare-earth-minerals.html)

The scale of capital and investments being made in an electrified future is driving growth in the rare earth materials space, MP Materials CEO James Litinsky said.

Ticker: MP

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Buy Advanced Micro Devices (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/24/cramer-lightning-round-buy-advanced-micro-devices.html)

• Enphase Energy: “I really like that company. I thought it was a good quarter. … They are one of the keepers. SunPower is the one we don’t want.”
      • Vuzix: “I have to do more work.”
      • Lululemon Athletica: “I think it’s done going down.”
      • Advanced Micro Devices: “You’ve just gotta buy this stock.”
      • Abbott Laboratories: “I think Abbott can still go higher. Abbott, Danaher, Illumina, Thermo Fisher — that’s the four.”

Ticker: ENPH, SPWR, VUZI, LULU, AMD, ABT, DHR, ILMN, TMO

Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with audiences): Walmart (WMT) [wait for next level before buying], Norther Genesis Acquisition Corp. (NGA) [buy more]

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of February 24, 2021.

Disclaimer

Previous Episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from February 24, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.