- This topic is empty.
2021-03-04 at 10:14 PM #3458暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, March 4, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer says investors are in denial about stocks: ‘The sell-off is real’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/04/cramer-says-investors-are-in-denial-about-stocks-the-sell-off-is-real.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer advised investors to build up cash and wait for the bottom as the market works through the five stages of grief.
- “People don’t want to believe the sell-off is real,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “If you lighten up … you’re going to be ready for the moment of capitulation, the crescendo, the acceptance that marks the trough,” Cramer said.
The Five stages of stock market grief: (1) denial, (2) anger, (3) bargaining, (4) depression, (5) acceptance
(2) Executive Interview: Splunk CEO discusses company’s partnership with Shopify (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/04/splunk-ceo-discusses-companys-partnership-with-shopify.html)
Splunk CEO Doug Merritt broke down how the company provides services to manage large amounts of data used to run e-commerce company Shopify.
(3) Cramer warns a looming ‘stock glut’ will put more pressure on markets (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/04/cramer-warns-a-looming-stock-glut-will-put-more-pressure-on-markets.html)
- “We’re about to get hit with the last thing we need,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- The Nasdaq Composite has fallen nearly 8% over the past month, bearing the brunt of a market-wide sell-off.
- Cramer noted the selling pressure could increase as new companies go public while insiders from businesses that made went last year are able to sell their shares.
What’s driving oversupply? (1) New IPOs — eg.Oscar Health (OSCR), Coupan (CPNG),Roblox (RBLX), Coinbase; (2) Continued SPAC Attack — eg.Churchill Capital (CCIV), (3) Lockup Expiration Armageddon — eg. Snowflake (SNOW), GoodrX (GDRX)
(4) Executive Interview: Fireeye CEO on state of cyberthreats: ‘I’ve never seen anything like it’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/04/fireeye-ceo-on-state-of-cyberthreats-ive-never-seen-anything-like-it.html)
“There are a lot of major campaigns in cyberspace right now that are being very successful hacking American organizations,” Fireeye CEO Kevin Mandia said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I cannot recommend Equinix (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/04/cramer-lightning-round-i-cannot-recommend-equinix.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer rings the lightning round bell, which means he’s giving his answers to callers’ stock questions at rapid speed.
Ticker: EQIX, WBS, CVM
(6) [No Video Clip] How to avoid a fool’s game — Ticker: PINS, TWTR,
Other Stocks Discussed (call with audiences): Slack (WORK), Salesforce (CRM)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of March 4, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from March 4, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.