- This topic is empty.
2021-04-01 at 9:19 PM #3559暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, April 1, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: A ‘bad news is good news’ kind of market (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/cramers-week-ahead-a-bad-news-is-good-news-kind-of-market.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Thursday he won’t be surprised if the March jobs report is soft.
- “Welcome back to Bizarro Wall Street, where bad news is good news, at least when it comes to the economy,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “Without a cool employment number tomorrow, I expect the reopening stocks — think the banks and the industrials — to come back into vogue on the Wall Street fashion show,” he said.
(2)+(3)+(4): Micron, QuantumScape and Hyzon Motors CEOs react to Biden’s plans for infrastructure (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/micron-quantumscape-hyzon-motors-ceos-on-bidens-infrastructure-plans.html)
- Sanjay Mehrotra of Micron Technology, Jagdeep Singh of QuantumScape and Craig Knight of soon-to-be-public Hyzon Motors appeared on CNBC’s “Mad Money.”
- Their appearances came a day after President Joe Biden unveiled a $2 trillion infrastructure spending package that would also bolster the U.S. electric vehicle and semiconductor industries.
Ticker: MU, QS, DCRBU
(2) Executive Interview: Micron Technology CEO: Semiconductors form backbone of everything in our economy (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/01/micron-ceo-semiconductors-form-backbone-of-everyting-in-our-economy.html)
Micron Technology CEO Sanjay Mehrotra reacts to the Biden administration’s proposal to inject $50 billion into the domestic semiconductor industry as part of its $2 trillion infrastructure spending package.
(3) Executive Interview: QuantumScape CEO reacts to Biden’s spending plans to bolster EV industry (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/01/quantumscape-ceo-on-joe-bidens-spending-plans-to-bolster-ev-industry.html)
QuantumScape CEO Jagdeep Singh welcomed news that the White House included measures to invest in electrified vehicles as part of President Joe Biden’s infrastructure plans, though he says government policy is “not enough.”
(4) Executive Interview: Hyzon Motors CEO: Hydrogen trucks are electric trucks (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/01/hyzon-motors-ceo-hydrogen-trucks-are-electric-trucks.html)
Hyzon Motors CEO Craig Knight breaks down why fuel-cell electric trucks are a better bet for heavy transport market and reacts to President Joe Biden’s plan to bolster the electric vehicle industry.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Why Tesla stock stopped going up (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/cramers-lightning-round-why-tesla-stopped-going-up.html)
- Tortoise Acquisition II Corp: “I’ve got to have them on, frankly.”
- Caterpillar: “It’s the premier infrastructure play … CAT’s real good.”
- Tesla: “The only reason Tesla’s not going up is because it’s up so much, but look I agree with you [on] Tesla and I think that one of the reasons why the growth stocks stopped going up is because Tesla stopped going up, but you know what, it’s a reason to own it.”
- Canaan: “I do bless speculation, but that one, no. I’m not a goer there. Stick with Taiwan. Go with Taiwan Semi. You don’t need those guys.”
Ticker: SNPR, CAT, TSLA, CAN, TSM
(6) [No Video Clip] Eyes on the big screen- Cramer’s talking AMC — Ticker: AMC
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Pinduoduo (PDD), Starbucks (SBUX [not come in at this level]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 1, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 1, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.