- This topic is empty.
2021-04-06 at 10:08 PM #3562暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, April 5, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
1. March jobs report gives the Fed room to keep interest rates low, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/jim-cramer-march-jobs-report-gives-fed-cover-on-monetary-policy.html)
- Businesses hired 916,000 workers last month, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Friday.
- However, the report also showed average hourly earnings declined by 4 cents in March.
- “This kind of labor report gives Fed Chairman Jay Powell the green light to keep holding rates low,” Cramer said.
Behind today’s rally: (1) FAANG + MSFT, (2) Semiconductors, (3) Autos, (4) Travel
2. MarketAxess CEO reports record monthly trading volume in March (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/04/05/marketaxess-ceo-reports-record-monthly-trading-volume-in-march.html)
MarketAxess CEO Rick McVey gives insight into the electronic credit trading platform and what metric he will be keeping an eye on this year.
3. Executive Interview: Norwegian Cruise Line CEO on how the company’s cruise ships can safely set sail once again (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/norwegian-cruise-line-ceo-on-how-the-companys-cruise-ships-can-safely-set-sail-once-again.html)
- Earlier in the day, the company sent a proposal to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on how Norwegian Cruise ships could travel once again in July.
- “I challenge you to tell me of another venue anywhere that has this kind of iron-clad health and safety protocols in place … cruise ships will de facto become the safest place on earth,” Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Frank Del Rio said.
4. Executive Interview: Director Search CEO sees opportunity to diversify corporate boards (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/director-search-ceo-sees-opportunity-to-diversify-corporate-boards.html)
- Director Search CEO Ken Taylor estimates about 45,000 executive searches will need to be completed over the coming years as the workforce ages.
- “There’s a lot that we should do in terms of broadening the issue of diversity and inclusion and it starts with equality and opportunity,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview to break homogeneity in corporate boards.
5. Cramer’s lightning round: Fastly has room to run to the upside (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/05/cramers-lightning-round-fastly-has-room-to-run-to-the-upside.html)
- Fastly: “I like it, but it’s caught up in the Zoom, Peloton, you know it’s caught up in the Zscaler. It’s regarded as a high-multiple stock, but I wouldn’t sell it here. I think this one has room to run to the upside. Maybe not all the way back, but certainly to the upside.”
- Taiwan Semiconductor: “Taiwan Semi’s got so many orders, don’t know what to do with it. I would buy it at these levels.”
- Retractable Technologies: “I think that this kind of stock right now is not going to be working and I would not be a buyer of Retractable.”
- Canoo: “Let’s have them on the show, but this group has become very, very tough … I have to just say right now there are other ways to make money that are easier.”
- Nio: “Nio’s got to come down. I mean, there’s just too much hot money in some of these. I recognize that [but] that doesn’t mean I don’t like the company.”
- Plug Power: “I’ve got to get them on … We’ve got to find out what the hell is going on.”
Ticker: FSLY, TSM, RVP, GOEV, NIO, PLUG
6. [No Video Clip] What’s crushing the home gamer
Other Stock Discussed (Call with Audiences): Other stocks: Spotify Tech （SPOT) [Cramer: I am a buyer]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of April 5, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from April 5, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.