- This topic is empty.
2021-05-15 at 12:29 AM #3742暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, May 14, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Retail earnings and consumer spending (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/cramers-week-ahead-retail-earnings-and-consumer-spending.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer has a list of retail earnings reports circled on his calendar next week.
- “Before you bet on which retailer’s doing the best, you need to account where their stocks are coming from,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- While many retail stocks have made big gains, investors can shop for remaining opportunities, he said.
(2) Executive Interview: Constellation Brands takes stake in Black-owned rosé manufacturer La Fête du Rosé (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/constellation-brands-takes-stake-in-black-owned-ros-manufacturer-la-fte-du-ros.html)
- Constellation Brands has taken a minority stake in Black-owned rosé company La Fête du Rosé.
- The alcohol giant made the investment as part of its $100 million commitment to back Black and minority-owned enterprises within the next decade.
- “In a recent 5 year period, only 1% of venture funds went to Black entrepreneurs, and we decided we were going to help fix that issue and really create some change,” Constellation Brands CEO Bill Newlands said.
(3) [No Video Clip] The force of activist — Elliott Management’s Strategy
Ticker: CCI, PSA, TWTR
(4) Executive Interview: Five9 CEO says growth is accelerating as cloud adoption enters new phase (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/five9-ceo-says-growth-is-accelerating-as-cloud-adoption-sees-new-phase.html)
- Five9 reached a new phase of growth now that cloud adoption has become the norm, CEO Rowan Trollope told CNBC.
- The cloud contact-center company saw revenue growth accelerate to 45% in the first quarter amid a hot market.
- “The contact center has become the new front door for a lot of companies, especially as they look to leverage digital channels,” he said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: The right time to buy Zynga (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/cramer-lightning-round-the-right-time-to-buy-zynga.html)
- Rada Electronic: “A highly valued Israeli weapons company and I shoot back and say Raytheon Technologies, a less expensive one with a lot of diversification and better growth power.”
- Vontier: “Good business.”
- Zynga: “It’s finally the right time to buy Zynga. Your wife’s right. I think you should pick up some Zynga. I can’t believe I just said that myself, but it’s absolutely true. I think that that is a decent situation.”
- Hyatt Hotels: “It’s OK. It’s not great, and I’m not sure I want Marriott anymore … because I thought that [CEO Brian] Chesky did such a good job on the Airbnb call and you know what the only weak point was international, and the international’s going to come back when the rest of the world settles this Covid situation. So I am telling you right here right now that I think that you should buy Airbnb.”
- Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp: “I think that stock at $10 is a buy, buy, buy.”
- Boot Barn: “I have taught endlessly that Boot Barn is in an underpenetrated market.”
Ticker: RADA, RTX, VNT, ZNGA, H, MAR, BNB, SEAH, BOOT
(6) [No Video Clip] Power of the positives
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Lyft (LYFT), ServiceNow (NOW), Hanesbrands Inc. (HBI), CRM
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 14, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 14, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.