Mad Money: Key points from June 29, 2021 (Tuesday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from June 29, 2021 (Tuesday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, June 29, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) [No Video Clip] Stock Market Menu: Merck, dividend aristocrats, wood stocks, IPOs, SPACs, Cryptos, tocks in Flux, Facebook, Paycheck, Shopify, NVIDIA

(2) Executive Interview: Shopify president says small business will lead the pandemic recovery in cities (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/shopify-president-says-small-business-will-lead-the-pandemic-recovery-in-cities.html)

• “What we are seeing is that entrepreneurship is now part of the global recovery story,” Shopify President Harley Finkelstein said in a “Mad Money” interview with Jim Cramer.
      • “Small business is going to lead the charge in bringing our cities and communities back to where we were pre-pandemic,” Finkelstein added.

Ticker: SHOP

(3) [No Video Clip] Off-the-Chart: Seasonal Patterns

Bottom Line: “For a reliable, short-term trade, buy the S&P at the Open on Thursday (July 1), and sell on Friday (July 2).”
      Bottom Line: “The Chartist points out that thee  a hardly any volume behind MSFT’s recent run. But the Chartist recommends steering clear o big tech right now.”

(4) Executive Interview: CEO of payroll provider Paychex sees hiring rates picking up in September (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/ceo-of-payroll-provider-paychex-sees-hiring-rates-rising-in-september.html)

• Paychex CEO Marty Mucci said multiple challenges are weighing on the job market and he expects many more people will be seeking jobs later this year.
      • “I think we kind of see this all coming together around the September time frame, and I think that will really open up the market to allow people to be able to hire a little bit easier,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
      • “What we’re hearing from our clients is really it’s a combination of many things that [are] making it tough to hire,” he said.

Ticker: RAYX

(5)nCramer’s lightning round: Buy the stock of Clorox (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/cramers-lightning-round-buy-the-stock-of-clorox.html)

• Reinvent Technology Partners: “It’s a SPAC and this is the hippo, which people like for insurance, and I’m not going to fight it because it’s under $10.”
      • Baidu: “Baidu is my second favorite after Alibaba. I mean, for people who don’t like Alibaba Baidu is making a real comeback here. Those are the only two that I’ve really been talking about, other than JD. I don’t like a lot of the Chinese stocks. Didi is pricing tonight. That is one I do like. That’s the Uber of China.”
      • DigitalOcean Holdings: “Just go with Adobe.”
      • Clorox: “I am betting right now that Linda Rendle is going to make you money if you buy the stock of Clorox under $180. I want to bank with her, right here. I think it makes sense, 2.5% yield, good company. Buy the stock of Clorox.”
      • 23andme: “That’s Anne Wojcicki. She’s bankable … this is a really good company.”

Ticker: RTPZ, BIDU, BABA, JD, DIDI, DOCN, CLX, ME

(6) [No Video Clip] Facebook vs The FTC  — Takeaway: Government is not a reason to sell stock.

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Macy’s (M) [cheap enough to own], Coupang (CPNG) [buy BABA], ContextLogic (WISH), nCino (NCNO) [stick with it]  

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 29, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 29, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.