- This topic is empty.
2021-07-07 at 11:55 PM #3922暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, July 7, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer sees market opportunities, lays out 7 themes for the second half of 2021 (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/jim-cramer-lays-out-7-market-themes-for-the-second-half-of-2021.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer suggested he is optimistic about the future, but cautioned that there are risks in the market.
- “I see a lot to like in the second half. However, I recognize that there are some real negatives here: Breadth is bad, Treasurys seem to be signaling some sort of slowdown with yields falling to ridiculously low levels,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- He laid out seven major market themes that investors should watch over the next six months.
7 themes to watch in the second half: (i) Exxon Mobile + Engine No.1 ; (ii) Hybrid work; (iii) (3) President Xi’s new tone; (iv) $100 crude?; (v) Too many overpriced deals; (ivi) Rampant ransomware; (vi) Meme stocks
(2) Executive Interview: Carvana CEO Ernie Garcia gives outlook for the second half of 2021 (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/07/carvana-ceo-ernie-garcia-gives-outlook-for-the-second-half-of-2021.html)
Online used car retailer Carvana CEO Ernie Garcia explained what the current macro economic environment says about the future of business.
(3) Off-the-Chart: Charts suggest stocks headed higher despite present risks, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/charts-suggest-stocks-headed-higher-despite-present-risks-jim-cramer-says.html)
- “The charts, as interpreted by Mark Sebastian, suggest that the S&P 500 is headed higher … and the negative trends I pointed out at the top of the show — at least some of them — shouldn’t lead to anything too frightening,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- Sebastian, the founder of OptionPit.com and Cramer’s colleague at RealMoney.com, came to the conclusion after plotting moves in the S&P 500 and the Cboe Volatility Index (VIX).
- “If you’re worried that the VIX is headed higher and therefore the market’s inevitably [headed lower], Sebastian says, ‘hold your horses,’” Cramer said.
(4) Executive Interview: Trade Desk seeks to limit number of streaming service ads with new product launch (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/trade-desk-seeks-to-limit-number-of-streaming-ads-with-new-launch.html)
- Digital ad-buying company Trade Desk announced the launch of Solimar, a trading platform for ad buyers.
- “The vision that we have for the internet is to preserve the quid pro quo of the internet where you see relevant ads in exchange for free content,” CEO Jeff Green said of the service in a “Mad Money” interview.
- Trade Desk also revealed that it has launched a new venture capital arm, TD7.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Hold MP Materials (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/cramer-lightning-round-hold-mp-materials.html)
- Cloudflare: “I should talk more about Cloudflare because it’s got a great security component and it’s doing incredibly well.”
- Magnite: “Magnite is in the advertising solutions business, and when it comes down to advertising solutions I am going to send you to The Trade Desk.”
- BlackBerry: “I went over the last quarter pretty closely and, you know, they have a lot of patents, but it’s not a great company. It’s a meme stock at times, but I’m not going to tell you to sell it because the memesters are going to get it going again, and it’s just not that bad a company. So, I think you’re OK, but there’s no catalyst.”
- MP Materials: “I am happy with their business. I think the business of raw materials is good. I hope they can move everything from China. I want you to stick with it, OK. I do not want you to sell MP Materials.”
- Immunitybio: “Immunitybio is pure, pure sec, but there is nothing wrong with that. As long as you know it’s spec, Jimmy Chill blesses it to buy.”
Ticker: NET, MGNI, TTD, BB, MP, IBRX
(6) [No Video Clip] Ticker: APL
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Pinterest (PINS) [like the stock, undervalued for a long time], Schlumberger (SLB), Wynn Resorts (WYNN) [Charitable trust brought more, it is a good stock], Caterpillar (CAT) [doing good, i am a buyer, not a seller]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 7, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 7, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.