- This topic is empty.
2021-07-08 at 8:44 PM #3928暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, July 8, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer blames market sell-off on government failures to contain delta spread (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/jim-cramer-blames-market-sell-off-on-failures-to-contain-delta-spread.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday slammed world leaders for failing to contain the spread of the delta Covid-19 variant.
- “I put this sell-off squarely in the laps of politicians around the world, because we right now have a failure of global leadership,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “If we get the COVID variants under control by forcing people to get vaccinated, I think bond yields and the stock market will start rising again,” he said.
(2) Executive Interview: GoodRx to assist gig workers in pharmaceutical drug discounting deal with DoorDash (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/goodrx-to-assist-gig-workers-in-drug-discounting-deal-with-doordash.html)
- GoodRx announced a new partnership with DoorDash to help food delivery drivers access prescriptions at favorably discounted prices.
- The deal follows a similar one the online marketplace signed with USAA, GoodRx CEO Doug Hirsch said in an interview on CNBC’s “Mad Money.”
- “We’re focused on trying to serve not just American consumers, but organizations [and] employers — anyone that basically is finding these pain points and wants to have a healthy population,” he said.
(3) Executive Interview: Online thrift store Poshmark CEO sees fashion shift as consumers ‘purge’ closets (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/e-retailer-poshmark-ceo-sees-fashion-shift-as-consumers-purge-closets.html)
- Consumers are on a closet “purge” after about a year of lockdowns and as social activities make a return, Poshmark CEO Manish Chandra told CNBC.
- “We certainly are seeing real change in what people are buying,” he said on “Mad Money,” noting that sales of items bikinis and jean shorts have roughly doubled.
- “In a way, it’s a gigantic purge, but your purge is value for someone else,” he said of the sustainability-focused retail site.
(4) Interview: Dr. Eric Topol: Full FDA approval of vaccines will lead to higher vaccination rates (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/08/dr-eric-topol-full-fda-vaccine-approvals-will-boost-vaccination-rates.html)
Dr. Eric Topol of Scripps Research joined CNBC’s Jim Cramer on “Mad Money” to discuss what fully-approved coronavirus vaccines could unlock for the U.S.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Meme traders should target Upstart shorts (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/cramer-lightning-round-meme-traders-should-take-on-upstart.html)
- Anavex Life Sciences: “I’m intrigued because the Biogen data doesn’t look that good. I think you stick with it. It’s real spec, though, but I think you stick with it.”
- GS Acquisition Holdings: “That’s a very important SPAC that I don’t know enough about … I’ve got to do more work on that particular SPAC because I do hear good things.”
- Nio: “We’re done with Chinese IPOs. I want you to sell Nio … I want you to sell half of it tomorrow, and I hope it goes up. I love your interest, but I am very worried about China.”
- Churchill Capital V: “I’ve got to do more work.”
- Upstart: “I don’t understand the short position in Upstart. Why don’t the meme people, the Apesters, whatever the heck they are [and] call themselves, go after that company because it is really good. Artificial intelligence lending. Would you please go after something good?”
Ticker : AVXL, BIIB, GSAH, NIO, CCV, UPST,
(6) [No Video Clip] New angle on worker shortage
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Corning (GLW) [No]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 8, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 8, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.