- This topic is empty.
2021-07-14 at 8:56 PM #3950暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, July 14, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Delta, Apple, Best Buy are some stocks that will benefit from consumer spending rebound, Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/14/jim-cramer-names-delta-apple-among-stocks-to-play-consumer-spending-rebound.html)
- The corporate earnings season is under way, and CNBC’s Jim Cramer thinks the early reports from major banks all have something in common: they indicate consumer spending could soon surge.
- “I think we’re at an inflection point where consumer spending can truly ramp up and ramp to a totally unexpected positive level, especially with millions of parents getting their child tax credit [checks] just this week,” he said on “Mad Money.”
Where consumers want to spend: Delta (DAL), American Airlines (AAL), American Express (AXP), Poshmark (POSH), Brunswick (BC) [BC is a steal here], Best Buy (BBY), Costco (COST), Williams-Sonoma (WSM), RH (RH), Aple (AAPL), T-Mobile (TMUS), Qualcomm (QCOM), Broadcom (AVGO), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS)
(2) [No Video Clip] Homework – “School might be out for summer, but Cramer’s always doing homework – this time he’s investigating home security and consumer products company Arlo Technologies.”
Ticker: ARLO [Company span off from NETGEAR in August 2018, pivot to services; the company is enticing at these levels, own for speculation]
(3) [No Video Clip] “Could it be a summer of love as more people venture out? Cramer’s digging deeper into Match Group and its potential to be a major reopening play.”
(4) Interview with Industry Expert:RBN Energy’s Rusty Braziel: Oil production ‘starting to creep back’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/14/rbn-energy-rusty-braziel-oil-production-starting-to-creep-back.html)
RBN Energy CEO Rusty Braziel, citing figures from the U.S. Department of Energy, notes that crude production has risen by 600,000 barrels a day in the past six months.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Affirm is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/14/cramer-lightning-round-affirm-is-a-buy.html)
- Renewable Energy: “I say buy.”
- Altimeter Growth: “I think that one’s actually a good one.”
- Hercules Capital: “I’m going to look into that for you because it’s got a 7% yield … We will have to come back and analyze the balance sheet of them before I make a decision.”
- Affirm: “I was stunned yesterday when Apple said it might do buy now, pay later, then suddenly Affirm went down. I mean, Affirm is a good company, for heaven’s sake. It’s starting to really bug me … I am a buyer at the $56 level.”
- Barrick Gold: “It’s [CEO] Mark Bristow. It’s really hostage to gold. Gold peaked. I like it. I think you should own it.”
Ticker: REGI, AGC, HTGC, AFRM, GOLD
(6) [No Video Clip] Buy and scold?
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Roblox (RBLX) [price went down because number is not what we wanted], Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) [urge caution, Charitable Trust lost a lot of money in MMP], Snowflake (SNOW) [go higher] , Carnival (CCL)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 14, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 14, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.