Mad Money: Key points from July 13, 2021 (Tuesday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from July 13, 2021 (Tuesday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, July 13, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Investors buy tech stocks to hedge inflation, Fed rate hike, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/jim-cramer-investors-buy-tech-stocks-to-hedge-inflation-fed-rate-hike.html)

• Big Tech stocks become attractive when investor worries about inflation and interest rate hikes rise, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
      • “Hyper-growth tech stocks are actually what works best during a slowdown,” the “Mad Money” host said.
      • “I don’t think [Fed Chair Jerome] Powell’s going to change his stance, but there are a lot of money managers who disagree,” he said.

Ticker: FCX, GOOGL, MSFT, AAPL, PEP

(2) [No Video Clip] SPAC
      (a) GS acquisition Holdings II (GSAH) & Mirion technologies [you have a blessing to buy this stock, but dead until deal closing]; 
      (b) Churchill Capital Corp V (CCV) [Bottom Line: “Be selective with SPAC especially when the sponsor has a mixed track record”] 
      cf. Churchill Capital’s SPAC Records– 2019 (Merged with Clarivate), 2020 (Combined with Multiplan), 2021 (Closed Skilsoft deal), 2021 (Lucid Motors merger anticipated)

(3) Off-the-Chart: Jim Cramer: Charts action suggests oil will soon run out of steam (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/13/jim-cramer-charts-action-suggests-oil-will-soon-run-out-of-steam.html)

CNBC’s Jim Cramer breaks down the charts as interpreted by resident commodities expert Carley Garner.

(4) Levi’s and American Eagle among stocks set to benefit from enhanced child tax credit, Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/jim-cramer-levis-american-eagle-among-stocks-to-benefit-from-enhanced-child-tax-credit.html)

• “For the next six months, parents all over America will get a series of child tax credit checks, and I have to believe a decent chunk of that money flows to our favorite retail plays,” the “Mad Money” host said.
      • American Eagle outfitters and mall-owner Simon Property Group are among the stocks set to benefit from the credit, Cramer noted.

Ticker: LEVI , AEO [more room to run, recently bought for charitable trust, 16 times earning its a steal], DKS [buy, buy, buy], SPG

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Wynn Resorts is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/cramer-lightning-round-wynn-resorts-is-a-buy.html)

• Blackstone: “I like Blackstone very much.”
      • Wynn Resorts: Buy
      • Advanced Micro Devices: “Advanced Micro is a screaming buy.”
      • Cleveland-Cliffs: “I want to buy the stock and put it away.”
      • Golden Ocean: “It’s up too much and the 2.5% yield ain’t going to help you if we decide that there’s a slowdown in world trade.”
      • Crispr Therapeutics: “It’s a very speculative stock. It sits at 100-plus points. A lot of people can’t take that kind of downside pressure, but I think that you can buy half a position because I do think that it has always been … [a potential] takeover stock.”
      • Lam Research: “I’m going to say buy it. I know it’s moved a great deal. I wish they’d split it, but they’re not going to.”
      • Covanta: “I think it’s OK … I think that there are other plays that are better. I would even buy Chevron … more than I would buy Covanta.”
      • BJ’s Wholesale: “BJ’s is a buy.”

Ticker: BX, WYNN, AMD, CLF, GOGL, CRSP, LRCX, CVA, CVX, BJ

(6) [No Video Clip] China Check

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Oracle (ORCL) [hold], Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL), Tesla (TSLA) [stick with it]

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 13, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 13, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.