- This topic is empty.
2021-07-15 at 9:12 PM #3956暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, July 15, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says flood of IPOs is weighing on stock prices (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/15/jim-cramer-says-flood-of-ipos-is-weighing-on-stock-prices.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said that the red-hot IPO market created a challenging trading environment.
- “Many stocks are getting hit here because there’s not enough cash to buy all the junk that’s been created of late,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “If we get a respite from new underwritings and the earnings continue to be good, then I remain a bull, but you’ve got to stop the new supply,” he said.
What’s driving move in the bond market? Theories
- Rates are going down because … our bonds offer a higher yield than anywhere abound the world
- bonds may be going up in prices and down in yield because … inflation is transitory <= Cramer’s view
- rates are going down because … we are about to have a slowdown in the economy
(2) Interview: U.S. must invest in caregiving to stay competitive, Commerce Secretary Raimondo says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/15/commerce-secretary-investments-in-caregiving-will-keep-us-competitive.html)
- Family care is the top barrier for women workers and it continues to weigh on the U.S. job market, Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said.
- “We must invest more in our caregiving infrastructure so that women can participate fully in the labor market if we’re going to really compete,” she argued in a “Mad Money” interview.
- The comments come as congressional Democrats plan to push through a new $3.5 trillion spending package intended to expand the economic safety net.
(3) [No Video Clip] The resale Rumble
Stock & Ticker: Roshmark (POSH) [it is an opportunity to buy; like it most] , Thredup (TDUP) , The Realreal (REAL), Etsy (ETSY) [log term growth story], Ebay (EBAY) [terrify value stock]
(4) Executive Interview: Corsair CEO talks impact of meme trade on stock price (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/15/corsair-ceo-talks-impact-of-meme-trade-on-stock-price.html)
Corsair CEO Andy Paul discussed how the stock of the video game gear maker became the target of Reddit’s Wall Street Bets crowd that turned into a battle between long and short investors.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Own Dell over VMware (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/15/cramers-lightning-round-own-dell-over-vmware.html)
- Rio Tinto: “I think Rio Tinto is actually a good company. Now, you do need a stronger economy than we have, but it’s well run. I’d like you to hold on to it.”
- Quantumscape: “The reason why it’s been going down, frankly, is there’s people at other companies, notably Ford, that think they have a better battery. So, what it’s really going down about is not that the battery doesn’t work, but that there are other companies with better batteries, and I’m beginning to believe that is the case.”
- VMware: “I’d rather own Dell than I would VMware because of the change in the structure.”
- Veru: “They’ve got to show the better data. They’ve got to go out of stage 2 and into stage 3. If the stage 3 is good as stage 2 for a lot of what they’re doing in cancer, then I think the stock goes much higher.”
Ticker: RIO, QS, F, VMW, DELL, VERU
(6) [No Video Clip] Race to Vaccination
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): United Airlines (UAL) [don’t sell] , Lowe’s (LOW), Home Deport (HD)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 15, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 15, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.