Mad Money: Key points from July 19, 2021 (Monday) episode

Home Forums Investments in the US Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes Mad Money: Key points from July 19, 2021 (Monday) episode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, July 19, 2021.  It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.

(1) Jim Cramer says the stock market will bottom after speculators find the exit (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/19/-jim-cramer-stock-market-will-bottom-after-speculators-find-the-exit.html)

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the speculative euphoria on Wall Street is nearing an end and investors will be able to find a bottom begin new positions.
      • “I think you watch as the speculators get blown to kingdom come, while the pandemic stocks come roaring back and the big industrials try to bottom,” the “Mad Money” hoer said.
      • Cramer found a silver lining in the drop in crude prices after OPEC struck a deal over the weekend.

Area if Rampant Speculation The end of Euphoria: (i) Too many IPOs & SPACs, (ii) Meme a day pumps, (iii) Macro-cap craziness,(iv) Shaky Crypto world, (v) Plunging oil, (vi) unjustifiably high price to sales stocks

Bottom line: once the speculates are fully blown out we can find a tradable bottom.

(2) Executive Interview: Original Bark execs: Covid accelerated dog retail business (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/19/original-bark-execs-covid-accelerated-dog-retail-business.html)

Original Bark Executive Chairman Matt Meeker explained how the company expects to sustain tailwinds in the pet retail business that emerged at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

Ticker: BARK

(3) [No Video Clip] Bank check — WFC [charitable trust owns WFC], MS, GS, C, JPM, BAC

(4) Executive Interview: First Horizon regional bank reaps benefits of southern population growth, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/19/first-horizon-ceo-says-southern-regional-bank-sees-impact-of-demographic-shifts.html)

• The flow of Americans from the coasts to southern states has been a boon for First Horizon Bank, CEO Bryan Jordan said Monday.
      • Middle Tennessee has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of population shifts to the South, he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
      • “We think that the attractive policies, particularly around right to work, taxation, etcetera, are going to be really, really positive for our 12 state footprint,” he said.

Ticker: FHN

(5) Cramer’s lightning round: SoFi is near buying levels (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/19/cramer-lightning-round-sofi-is-near-buying-levels.html)

• Academy Sports & Outdoors: “I still like it … I’m a buyer.”
      • Sherwin-Williams: “Raw costs are now too high. I am concerned. I no longer think that you can buy this stock until we see the raw costs come down, and then I will feel better.”
      • SoFi: “I think SoFi should be done going down soon. I mean, stocks stop at zero. I mean, this thing has just been a nightmare, and [CEO] Anthony Noto is better than that. It’s at $15. I’m a buyer at the $14 level.”
      • General Electric: “I don’t care where a stock came from. I care where it’s going to. I think GE is OK. I don’t think it’s great, I don’t think it’s bad. It’s just OK.”
      • Sysco: “The good news is the guy who runs it is real strong. The bad news is that the restaurant business is going to take a little header here, so I’m going to say, ‘no,’ to that right now.”

Ticker: ASO, SHW, SOFI, GE, SYY,

(6) [No Video Clip] Spotting the peaks — China (BIDU, DIDI), Semis (buy AMD over INTC), Oil, Leisure & Entertainment.

Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences):Uber (UBER), Roku (ROKU), Upstart Holdings (UPST)

Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 19, 2021

Disclaimer

Previous episode Next Episode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Summary of CNBC “Mad Money” Episodes’ is closed to new topics and replies.