- This topic is empty.
2021-07-20 at 10:52 PM #3976暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, July 20, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Corporate earnings will dictate the market’s next move, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/corporate-earnings-will-dictate-the-markets-next-move-jim-cramer-says.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said corporate earnings, not the bond market, will dictate if stocks rebound from Monday’s major sell-off.
- “It’s the actual sales and earnings numbers from the companies reporting right now that will determine if this move’s got staying power, even if the bond market throws us a curveball,” the “Mad Money” host said.AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)
Beyond Bonds: HCA Healthcare, Inc. (HCA), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), Medtronic (MDT), AbbVie (ABBV) [charitable trust owns ABBV], Carnival Corporation (CCL), Wells Fargo (WFC), Morgan Stanley (MS),Target (TGT), Walmart (WMT), Costco (COST), DICK’S Sporting Goods (DKS), Best Buy (BBY), Williams-Sonoma (WSM), Ford (F), GM (FM), IBM (IBM)
(2) Qualtrics CEO says company on track to surpass $1B in revenue this year (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/20/qualtrics-ceo-says-company-on-track-to-surpass-1b-in-revenue-this-year.html)
Qualtrics International CEO Zig Serafin discussed the company’s surprise results from the second quarter, adding that the experience management company raised its full-year guidance.
(3) Executive Interview: Bed Bath and Beyond CEO says Casper partnership reflects company’s new focus (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/bed-bath-and-beyond-ceo-casper-partnership-reflects-new-focus.html)
- Bed Bath & Beyond partnered with Casper to carry the online sleep company’s products and launch customer experiences at its retail locations.
- Casper will launch its first physical shopping location at Bed Bath & Beyond’s flagship store in Midtown Manhattan when the remodeled store opens Thursday.
(4) Interview: Yale professor Gary Gorton explains the concept, risks of stablecoins (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/07/20/yale-professor-gary-gorton-explains-the-concept-risks-of-stablecoins.html)
Yale school of management professor Dr. Gary Gorton said stablecoin issuers resemble banks, causing concerns for policy leaders in Washington.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Penn National needs football season (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/cramer-lightning-round-penn-national-needs-football-season.html)
- Palantir: “It’s got a lot of smart people behind it, and it’s also got the Wall Street bettors behind it, and frankly I find it tiresome.”
- Tattooed Chef: “I’ve told people to be in Beyond Meat. I’m going to stick with one of these vegetarian plays. That’s all I’m going to give you.”
- Big 5 Sporting: “That is one that I would like to buy and have come on the show. I’m not kidding. They have the stuff. I like Dick’s. I think this one’s a comer.”
- Tanger Factory: “It’s making a comeback and I think it’s OK to own. I was very concerned, but as we saw with Simon Properties, all of the weak-handed stores are gone. Tanger works now.”
- U.S. Steel: “There [are] two steel companies in the country: there’s Nucor … and then there’s Cleveland-Cliffs … and then I don’t care about any of the others. Take your pick.”
- Camping World: “I like Thor, I like Polaris and I like Camping World. I like the outdoor thesis, still.”
- Penn National Gaming: “Penn Nat needs football season and that is when Barstool shines, and it will shine again.”
Ticker: PLTR, TTCF, BYND, BGFV, SKT, X, NUE [Charitable Trust owns Nucor], CLF, CWH, THO,PII, PENN
(6) [No Video Clip] Finding Opportunities in choppy market: The comeback kid? — Ticker: BBBY, IBM
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Snap (SNAP)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 20, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 20, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.