- This topic is empty.
2021-08-12 at 9:25 PM #4051暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, August 12, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Short-sellers have been the ‘secret ingredient’ to the market’s Covid rally, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/jim-cramer-shorts-have-been-the-secret-ingredient-to-markets-rally.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer called short-sellers the “secret ingredient” to the stock market’s continued rally after last year’s Covid sell-off.
- ″“The invisible cover of their defeat is evident every day in this
- market and it’s something we don’t talk about enough,” the “Mad Money” host said. ′
- “Until something happens that truly panics the bulls, creating natural sellers, this is going to be a very tough environment for the shorts,” Cramer added.
(2) Executive Interview: Bumble CEO optimistic on growth and monetization of friend-finding service Bumble BFF (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/12/bumble-ceo-optimistic-on-growth-monetization-of-friend-finding-service-bumble-bff.html)
The founder and CEO of online dating platform Bumble, Whitney Wolfe Herd, appeared Thursday on “Mad Money” with Jim Cramer, where she discussed the growth potential of the company’s Bumble BFF offering.
(3) Executive Interview: Brunswick CEO discusses the growth and benefits of the company’s Freedom Boat Club program (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/12/brunswick-ceo-discusses-the-growth-and-benefits-of-the-companys-freedom-boat-club-program.html)
David Foulkes, CEO of Brunswick, explained to CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday how the company’s Freedom Boat Club can help drive boat sales.
(4) Executive Interview: Disney CEO explains decision to require Covid vaccines for salaried and non-union employees (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/disney-ceo-explains-decision-to-require-covid-vaccines-for-salaried-and-non-union-employees.html)
- In a “Mad Money” interview, Disney CEO Bob Chapek defended the company’s vaccination policy.
- “We believe what we’d like to do is convince them that it’s in everyone’s best interest in order to get vaccinated for the greater good,” Chapek told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
- “We believe that vaccinations are the key to really mitigating the impact of this pandemic,” Chapek said.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I am OK with Moderna (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/cramers-lightning-round-i-am-ok-with-moderna-.html)
- Karyopharm Therapeutics: “Nothing special, sir. Honestly, nothing special. I mean, look, [Bristol Myers Squibb] has unbelievable stuff against cancer, and its stock can’t get out of its own way, so what does that say?”
- Iron Mountain Inc.: “Iron Mountain, why did people not like Iron Mountain? It’s unbelievable. The dividend’s got growth. I think you’re spot on. I’m liking it.”
- Moderna: “Moderna, yeah, they crushed it. I did like it at $18, $19. OK, here’s the issue with Moderna: You’ve got to buy calls, not common stock, because the thing is just trading like a banshee. But I believe that [CEO Stephane Bancel] has cancer vaccines next and now he has the money to do the trials, so I am OK with Moderna.”
- Nvidia: “Congratulations to [CEO Jensen Huang], winning the Noyce Award for the best [semiconductor] guy of the year.”
Ticker: KPTI, IRM, MRNR, NVDA,
(6) Jim Cramer recommends starting a position in ‘star’ IPOs Doximity and Upstart (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/jim-crame-start-a-position-in-star-ipos-doximity-and-upstart-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday recommended investors buy shares of Doximity and Upstart Holdings.
- The “Mad Money” host said the two companies are “stars” of the recent IPO class.
- “You can put on a small position here, then wait for a pullback to buy more if we ever get one,” Cramer said.
Ticker: DOCS, UPST [both stock have still more room to upside]
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Danaher (DHR) [buy buy buy]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 12, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 12, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.