- This topic is empty.
2021-08-11 at 8:24 PM #4047暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, August 11, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer says to give Fed Chair Powell ‘the benefit of the doubt’ on inflation (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/cramer-says-to-give-powell-the-benefit-of-the-doubt-on-inflation.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer voiced support for Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell’s patient approach to monetary policy.
- Critics think Powell should act to control inflation, but Cramer said the central bank chief is right to keep policy easy for now as the delta variant spreads.
Monitoring Information: Key areas of the economy to watch: Delta variant’s impact on travel & leisure sector; Cooling off in the used car market; Labor market changes as federal benefits end; Loss of momentum, leveling off in consumer spending; Raw material prices appear neat to a peak; Oil prices topping out.
(2) Interview: Wendy’s CEO explains why the fast-food chain plans to open 700 ghost kitchens by 2025 (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/11/wendys-ceo-explains-the-fast-food-chains-ghost-kitchens-plans.html)
In a “Mad Money” interview, Todd Penegor, CEO of fast-food chain Wendy’s, explained why the company plans to launch up to 700 ghost kitchens by 2025.
(3) Interview: Norwegian Cruise Line CEO says he’s ‘disappointed’ by lack of government Covid vaccine mandates (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/norwegian-cruise-line-ceo-says-hes-disappointed-by-lack-of-government-covid-vaccine-mandates.html)
- “I’m so disappointed in government at the local level, state level, federal that we don’t have mandates,” Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Frank Del Rio told CNBC on Wednesday.
- Del Rio’s company is currently engaged in a legal battle with the state of Florida over its desire to require passengers to be vaccinated against Covid.
(4) Interview: Poshmark CEO address the impact of Apple iOS privacy update and marketing expenses (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/08/11/poshmark-ceo-address-the-impact-of-apple-ios-privacy-update-and-marketing-expenses.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer interviewed Poshmark CEO and founder Manish Chandra on Wednesday’s edition of the show.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: You can buy Zillow here (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/cramers-lightning-round-you-can-buy-zillow-here.html)
- Zillow: “I don’t know. Zillow is down like 25% for the year. It’s doing quite well. I actually think it’s a decent level to buy with mortgage rates so low.”
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals: “I think you buy it. I know somebody downgraded it yesterday. They never had a migraine.”
- Lightning eMotors: “I think you had it. That was the gain yesterday. That was one you had to be in yesterday or not be in at all.”
- Sumo Logic: “Our viewers are smart. That is the most crowded space in the world. I’m tired of cloud-based management and analytics. Finally, finally, finally Splunk went up. Enough. Anyway, I like Snowflake in that area.”
- Atlas Technical Consultants: “It’s good but it just had a gigantic gain. We want to be in things before the gain, not after the gain. I think we missed that stock.”
- SoFi Technologies: “Long term, I like it. It’s Anthony Noto. They’re about to report. I think he’s doing a terrific job, and I think that’s a great stock for the long term and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t buy it.”
- GameStop: GameStop is a little controversial. You’ve got these people that are … nematodes and they like it a lot and good for them.”
Ticker: Z, BHVN, ZEV, SUMO, SPLK, SNOW, ATCX, SOFI, GME
(6) Cramer thinks these stocks are bargains with the market at record highs (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/cramer-these-stocks-are-bargains-with-the-market-at-record-highs.html)
- Mad Money” host Jim Cramer offered investors a group of stocks he believes are still bargains despite high overall market valuations.
- Ford, PayPal and Boeing are among the companies Cramer highlighted.
Opportunists for a bargain: Ford (F), PayPal (PAPL) [just bought for charitable trust], NortonLife Lock (NLOK), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), Boeing (BA), Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD), Devon Energy (DVN)
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Fisker (FSR) [Cramer likes FSR, survivor], Levi Strauss (LEVI) [still good],
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 11, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 11, 2021 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.