- This topic is empty.
2021-10-18 at 9:36 PM #4409暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, October 18, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer warns that the stock market could be ‘toast’ if oil prices keep climbing (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/jim-cramer-warns-that-the-stock-market-could-be-toast-if-oil-prices-keep-climbing.html)
- “If you want the rest of the stock market to keep climbing, oil needs to stop going higher, otherwise we’re toast,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- The “Mad Money” host warned that a continued increase in fuel prices could dent the broader economy.
- “It hasn’t happened yet obviously … but it could,” he said.
(1)’ Jim Cramer says he sold some of his ether holdings ahead of bitcoin futures ETF launch (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/cramer-sold-some-ether-holdings-ahead-of-bitcoin-futures-etf-launch.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday the upcoming launch of a bitcoin futures ETF in the U.S. could mark a near-term top for crypto markets.
- “That’s why I sold off one-eighth of my Ethereum position today,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(2) [No Video Clip] Homework — Stock & Ticker: Accolade (ACCD)
Bottom Line: Don’t be a hero and try to call the bottom in accolade in a market hostile to health tech..
Bottom Line: I’d much rather stick to names like GoodRx, Doximity or tried-and-true United Health
(3) Off-the-Chart: Charts suggest these two software stocks may be ‘ready to roar,’ Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/jim-cramer-charts-suggest-these-two-stocks-may-be-ready-to-roar.html)
- Technical analysis from Tim Collins suggests “some of the fast-growing cloud stocks like ServiceNow and Snowflake are ready to roar,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- The “Mad Money” host said the analysis “makes sense” to him.
- “These are labor-saving software companies that can keep working even if the rest of tech somehow falls out of favor because of inflation,” Cramer said.
Ticker: SNOW [It can go above $400 per share by year-end, as long as the overall Nasdaq Composite doesn’t “totally fall apart], NOW [flag pattern = after a period of consolidation, the stock is well-positioned to restart its rally]
(4) Executive Interview: CEO of Deluxe discusses how its acquisition of First American helps the company’s growth goals (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/10/18/ceo-of-deluxe-discusses-how-its-acquisition-of-first-american-helps-the-companys-growth-goals.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer interviewed Deluxe President and CEO Barry McCarthy on Monday’s episode of the show.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I prefer Intuit over Mogo (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/cramers-lightning-round-i-prefer-intuit-over-mogo-.html)
- Cel-Sci Corporation: “Look, all I can tell you is that these companies just have nine lives, these immunotherapy companies. And in the end, one of the big drug companies tend to buy them because they need growth.”
- Endeavor Group Holdings: “I thought [acquiring] OpenBet is a good idea, and they got a good price. Now, Endeavor is my agent, so let’s take it with a grain of salt. But … the stock seems inexpensive and there is a return to entertainment, so I think that is good. I like betting, too, in general. A lot of people feel it’s got too crowded.”
- Community Health Systems: “Everybody seems to always want to buy Community Health or Tennant when they should be buying HCA, which I think once again is going to blow away the numbers.”
- ZoomInfo Technologies: “You know, look, I think these are all companies that look, to me, a lot like Salesforce, OK? There’s a bunch of them that look just like Salesforce, and a lot of them are good, and ZoomInfo is good. Me, I’m a Salesforce guy. It’s what my charitable trust owns, and if you follow what we are doing in the CNBC Investment Club, you will know why I like Salesforce more than any of these companies.”
- Mogo Inc.: “Fintech, free credit score. You know what that says to me? Intuit. The one you should be in is [stock ticker] INTU. They don’t miss quarters. They keep coming on, they do a fantastic job. That’s the one I want you in.”
- BioNano Genomics: “Controversial. OK, I mean this is one of those stocks, the volume is such that it makes me feel like it’s a meme stock. If I say something bad about it, the people who are in it are going to say, ‘Jim, you don’t know it.’ I will tell you this: It’s a big spec. It’s all there is to it. It’s a giant speculation biotech, and if you want to be in one of those, it could go down 50%, it could be up 50%.”
- Blade Air Mobility: “We praised it. We did a piece about it. I’ve used it, I think it’s a terrific service. Yes, I paid for it, less anyone think I didn’t. But this is what really matters, OK? This stock is so stuck because its cohort is stuck. If Blade were just an IPO, I’m telling you this thing would be at $15, $16, but it isn’t and therefore it just is very hard to [get momentum] even as I think a lot of people feel it’s got a very good business model.”
- Butterfly Network: “This is another one. … It’s not working, what can I say? It’s just not working.”
Ticker: CVM, EDR, CYH [buy buy buy], ZI [I like CRM], MOGO [I want you to be in INTU], GNGO [controversial, big SPAC], BLDE, BFLY
(6) [No Video Clip] Housing Industry
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Regeneron (REGN) [Great long term assets], (PFE) [all healthcare stock is under the pressure, but PFE is protected by 4% yield, call me a buyer], IBM (IBM) [I am not a disbeliever], Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) [too cellphone centric, you can buy here. I like the stock]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of October 18, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from October 18, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.