- This topic is empty.
2022-01-11 at 10:47 PM #4877暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says ‘too much good news to ignore’ drove Tuesday’s stock market rally (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/11/cramer-too-much-good-news-to-ignore-drove-tuesdays-market-rally.html)
- Tuesday’s stock market rally was made possible by cooling bond yields and favorable commentary from the Fed chief, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “Sometimes, there’s just too much good news to ignore,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “You have to be ready for these because a stock market that dies by the bond market’s sword can also prosper from it,” he added.
Charitable Trust owns BA
(2) Executive Interview: Zoetis CEO says the animal health company is stepping up its spending on consumer advertising (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/11/zoetis-ceo-says-the-animal-health-company-is-stepping-up-its-spending-on-consumer-advertising.html)
Zoetis CEO Kristin Peck appeared on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” discussing the company’s spending on direct-to-consumer advertising and efforts to maintain attractive prices for its products.
(3) Off-the-Charts: Charts suggest the Nasdaq 100 is still in a tough technical spot, says Jim Cramer (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/11/cramer-charts-suggest-the-nasdaq-100-is-still-in-tough-technical-spot.html)
- “The charts, as interpreted by Carolyn Boroden, suggest the tech-laden Nasdaq 100 really was due for a bounce this week and that bounce could continue,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Tuesday.
- However, Cramer said to be careful because Boroden believes “the overall technical picture remains ugly.”
(4) Executive Interview: BioMarin CEO says study results for hemophilia gene therapy are as ‘good as we could hope’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/11/biomarin-ceo-says-study-results-for-hemophilia-gene-therapy-are-as-good-as-we-could-hope.html)
Jean-Jacques Bienaime, CEO and chairman of BioMarin Pharmaceutical, appeared on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” discussing trial results for the company’s hemophilia gene therapy.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I would buy some Novocure shares (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/11/cramers-lightning-round-i-would-buy-some-novocure-shares.html)
- GrowGeneration: “We very specifically said when that stock got into the $40s that it was done, that there wasn’t much more there, that we thought it was terrific, but we wanted to take the gain. We felt that bulls make money, bears make money, and pigs, well, they get slaughtered. It was time to go, and frankly, we’ve never looked back.”
- Star Bulk Carriers: “No [don’t add to your position]. That’s a bulk carrier. We don’t like any of the bulk carriers. W e don’t like the oil tankers. They are too inconsistent, and they have too often led to heartache so we’re not involved.
- Rivian Automotive: “The COO just left. Amazon is committed to buy what they have but also [inked a deal with Stellantis]. Ford wants to sell its stock, but it won’t be able to do it for a couple months. I don’t think the Rivian set up is all that great. I am sorry.”
- InMode: “I don’t know why that stock fell so much. I think that’s a great opportunity. I think it was just one of those baby [being thrown out] with the bathwater names. I think that’s what I expect our viewers to do, to come up exactly with names like InMode. I think that’s a good call.”
- Rio Tinto: “I’ve always favored owning Rio. I think it’s just a great long-term position. … I think that this is a good mineral company over the multiple year time. Don’t want to look at it over the short term, and I think you’ve got a good one.”Novocure: “I do not understand. Novocure is one of those companies, I happen to think that people have just turned on companies that, in general, are in health care, that nobody seems to want anymore. They have a revolutionary device that can be used for multiple different areas against cancer, and I think it should be bought right here. It’s down a great deal, and I would do some buying.”
- Li-Cycle Holdings: “I would love to just say yes. I really would because it’s down a lot, but this lithium battery area is just so controversial with so many players that I have to say wait a second. It is too speculative for me. Period. End of story.”
- Atkore: “Just plain, perfect metal-bending company that I like. Other people may not like it. Why? Because it’s just too boring. I think sometimes boring is good. I like your choice.”
- Virgin Galactic Holdings: “I never liked it. I saw it go up on a short squeeze. It’s come back down a great deal. Maybe you can get a bounce, but frankly, the stock is just not for me. Way too speculative.”
Ticker: GRWG, SBLK, RIVN, INMD, RIO, NVCR, LICY, ATKR, SPCE
(6) [No Video Clip] Here’s why Jim Cramer says the streaming landscape has reached an inflection point with content (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/11/heres-why-jim-cramer-says-the-streaming-landscape-has-reached-an-inflection-point-with-content.html)
On Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer weighed in on the crowded video streaming landscape, saying there’s more quality content available than he has time to allocate to watching it all.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Exxon (XOM) [lot more trouble than Chevron (CVX), charitable trust own CVX, stick with CVX], top 5 EV –> just get Tesla (TSLA) or Ford (F); Sea Limited (SE) [a buyer]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 11, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 11, 2022 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.