- This topic is empty.
2022-01-25 at 11:54 PM #4949暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, January 25, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer says the stock market is being dragged down by 2021′s flurry of IPOs and SPAC deals (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/25/jim-cramer-market-being-dragged-down-by-2021s-flurry-of-ipos-spacs.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday lamented the flurry of companies that went public in 2021 through traditional IPOs and SPAC deals.
- “These newly minted stocks and SPACs are now killing us. It’s the excess supply that’s dragging down the rest of the market,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “A stock market’s like any other market, if you get too much inventory, prices will plummet,” he added.
Ticker: IBM, JNJ, RTX, JPM, MSFT, GE, NFLX
(2) Executive Interview: Verizon has never had as many different ‘vectors of growth’ as it does now, says CEO (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/25/verizon-has-never-had-as-many-different-vectors-of-growth-as-it-does-now-says-ceo.html)
Hans Vestberg, chairman and CEO of Verizon, appeared on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money” after the telecommunications giant reported its latest quarterly numbers.
4 HOURS AGO
(3) Jim Cramer says Union Pacific is the best railroad stock to own in this market (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/25/jim-cramer-union-pacific-is-best-railroad-stock-to-own-in-this-market.html)
- “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer said Tuesday he prefers Union Pacific over railroad peer CSX.
- “Don’t let the rollercoaster action distract you. It is a stock picker’s market,” Cramer said.
- “When it comes a very simple comparison straight up of the railroads, you need to stick … with the best-of-breed” Union Pacific, Cramer said.
Ticker: UNP [charitable trust owns UNP], CSX
(4) Executive Interview: Logitech turns in strong quarter, but CEO says supply chain woes still held back sales (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/25/logitech-ceo-bracken-darrell-supply-chain-woes-still-held-back-3q-sales.html)
- Logitech’s better-than-expected quarterly results may have been stronger without the ongoing supply chain challenges, CEO Bracken Darrell told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday.
- “We lost several points of growth because we couldn’t get supply in everything we wanted,” Darrell said on “Mad Money.”
- Logitech’s Nasdaq-listed shares jumped 4.47% Tuesday as investors reacted to the company’s third-quarter results and raised full-year guidance.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I still believe in Cleveland-Cliffs (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/25/cramers-lightning-round-i-still-believe-in-cleveland-cliffs-.html)
- Schrodinger: “I don’t know. It seems low enough. I know the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation own it, but the problem is Cathie Wood owns it [for] ARK. When things are good, that’s fantastic. When things are bad, it’s real bad. Right now, maybe go slightly. Take a small position if you want to.”
- Digital Turbine: “It’s another one of those creative video situations. I got like 70 of them. At least it makes money. But there’s just too many of them. This is my big theme that I’ve had to say since November and gotten a little more, let’s say, boisterous about it. There’s just too many of these, and no one can keep track of them anymore, so they sell them.”
- AGNC Investment Corp.: “Mortgage-backed security company that has a big yield that does nothing. That’s what it’s had since I started the show. That’s what it continues to be, and I don’t want you in it. I think you should sell, sell, sell.”
- Weber: “I recommended this. And Traeger, I mean there’s like five barbecue companies now. I don’t know. I am shocked that it’s this low. It’s a really, really good company, and it makes a lot of money, and it’s very inexpensive, but it has no catalyst.”
- Cleveland-Cliffs: “I was going over this company with Matt Horween, my writing partner, and we were both shocked it could be this low. Obviously, the estimates are too high. Obviously, there are people who are goin to say it has a high multiple because the numbers are too high. I still believe in the company.”
Ticker: SDGR, APPS, AGNC, WEBR , CLF,
(6) [No Video Clip] Cramer’s advice for young investors: It’s time to buy stocks of companies you know and understand (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/25/cramers-advice-for-young-investors-buy-stocks-of-companies-you-know.html)
On Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer explained why he believes investors should start their search for stocks to buy with companies they know and understand.
[The good] AXP, AEO, [The bad] GME, AMC
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Amazon (AMZN) [charitable trust own AMZN], NVDA [owns for charitable trust], JetBlue (JBLU)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 25, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 25, 2022 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.