- This topic is empty.
2022-01-26 at 11:17 PM #4958暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Here’s why Powell’s Fed policy comments reinforced Cramer’s stance on owning quality companies (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/26/powells-fed-comments-reinforced-cramers-stance-on-quality-companies.html)
- The current investing paradigm remains intact after Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell’s comments Wednesday, CNBC’s Jim Cramer contended.
- “If you’re buying companies that make and sell valuable things for a nice profit and return some of those profits to shareholders, I think you’re going to do just fine,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Earnings Scorecard: [Upside Surprises] Johnson & Johnson, American Express, P&G, IBM, Texas Instruments, UnitedHealth Group, Microsoft, Verizon, Travelers, Raytheon, 3M, Wells Fargo; [Downside Surprises] Boeing, GE, Netflix, J.P.Morgan
(2) Jim Cramer says these hard-hit stocks are profitable and now look cheap enough to buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/26/jim-cramer-these-hard-hit-stocks-now-look-cheap-enough-to-buy.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday offered a list of beaten-up stocks that he believes are now cheap enough to buy.
- The “Mad Money” host sifted through the Russell 3000 to find stocks down more than 50% from their highs that sell for less than 50 times earnings.
$10B+ Market Cap: Biogen, Charivate, Discovery, Enphase [good], Etsy [good], Moderna, Pinterest [give time], Rocket, Twitter [interesting], ViacomCBS, Zoom
$5B to $10 Market Cap: Altice, Avis Budget Group, The Boston Beer Company, Gap, Inc., Upstart [good], UWM, Maraval Life Sciences, Penn National, Novavax, Playtika
Other notable: Revolve, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ollie’s, Nordstorm, Corsair, Torrid, Cerence
(2)’ Jim Cramer likes shares of Etsy and Enphase after both have fallen more than 50% from highs (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/26/jim-cramer-likes-shares-of-etsy-and-enphase-after-both-have-fallen-more-than-50percent-from-highs.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer said on Wednesday’s show that he believes shares of Etsy and Enphase have fallen to buyable levels.
(3) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says PC makers Dell and HP are ‘perfect stocks for the current moment’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/26/jim-cramer-says-pc-makers-dell-and-hp-are-perfect-stocks-for-the-current-moment.html)
“Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Wednesday made the investment case for Dell and HP, calling the PC makers “perfect stocks for the current moment’ on Wall Street.
Ticker: DELL, HPQ
(4) Executive Interview: Qualtrics is pursuing responsible revenue growth and staying disciplined with cash, says CEO (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/26/qualtrics-is-pursuing-responsible-revenue-growth-and-staying-disciplined-with-cash-says-ceo.html)
Zig Serafin, CEO of Qualtrics, appeared on Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money” alongside company founder Ryan Smith to discuss the state of the technology firm’s business and its growth strategy.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Callon Petroleum has more upside ahead (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/26/cramers-lightning-round-callon-petroleum-has-more-upside-ahead-.html)
- ArcBest: “I like trucking. I like ArcBest, but you know what, we did that really good compare last night of Union Pacific versus CSX, and Union Pacific’s intermodal business is really good. I’d rather go with diversification.”
- Roblox: “We’re getting young people in. Now here’s the problem with Roblox: It’s good for you … not good for a lot of others. That’s because ever since the Fed changed its tune back in November, the market is too angry to like these long-term [growth stocks], but it’s OK for you. You’ve got your whole life ahead of you. You should be a buyer of Roblox because it’s a great company.”
- Ulta Beauty: “I think Ulta is shooting the lights out. I think Dave Kimbell is doing a fantastic job. I think Ulta is one of the retailers that I want to own down in steps — $315, then maybe $300 pick some up. They’re really doing well.”
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals: “I liked Jazz at one time, but Jazz is … a very inexpensive company. I have to reopen why it’s so inexpensive because holy cow, something is not right there, so let me come back.”
- Callon Petroleum: “No, you haven’t made anything yet. Callon is real. I think you’ve got more room, more room on the upside. You stay long that.”
- Zynga: “That one is over. I mean, Take-Two [Interactive] is buying it. There’s consolidation going on in this industry. It’s incredible. And by the way, last night on the Microsoft call, you could see why they’re buying Activision Blizzard. It’s going to make so much sense. Buy Microsoft.”
- The New York Times Company: “I happen to like that CEO [Meredith Kopit Levien]. She’s sensational. I wish she talked to me. As much as I like the Athletic, she overpaid. … The New York Times is a great company, but they paid a little too much for that and that has really hurt the valuation. I am sorry because I think it’s a fantastic product, both of them.”
- F5: “This is the guys who control basically the ‘red light, green light internet highway,’ but they did have a supply problem, and there’s no room for mistakes anymore in any technology company.”
Ticker: ARCB, RBLX, ULTA, JAZZ, CPE, ZNGA, FFIV
(6) [No Video Clip] Cramer: Microsoft’s post-earnings stock move shows the risks of trading before the conference call (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/26/cramer-microsofts-post-earnings-stock-move-shows-the-risks-of-trading-before-the-conference-call.html)
On Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money,” host Jim Cramer discussed Microsoft’s earnings report from a day earlier and the risks of trading on headlines before management holds a conference call.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):(UBER ), Estee Lauder (EL), Workday (WDAY), Intuit (INTU)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 26, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 26, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.