- This topic is empty.
2022-01-27 at 10:15 PM #4964暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, January 27, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Jim Cramer says the SARK ETF is trying to benefit from the struggles of high-growth stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/27/jim-cramer-discusses-the-tuttle-capital-short-innovation-etf.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday highlighted an exchange-traded fund that’s seeking to benefit from the weakness in formerly high-flying growth stocks that have struggled.
- The Tuttle Capital Short Innovation ETF, which listed on the Nasdaq on Nov. 9 under the ticker symbol SARK, is up 38.23% year to date.
(2) Executive Interview: McCormick CEO discusses the growth of Cholula hot sauce and at-home cooking trends (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/27/mccormick-ceo-discusses-the-growth-of-cholula-hot-sauce-and-at-home-cooking-trends.html)
Lawrence Kurzius, chairman, president and CEO of McCormick, appeared on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(3) Cramer says these profitable, newly public stocks should be on your potential buy list (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/27/cramer-says-these-profitable-newly-public-stocks-should-be-on-your-potential-buy-list.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday offered a list of 12 newly public stocks that he believes investors should put on their radar.
- The “Mad Money” host said those companies may be worth buying down the road as Wall Street’s preferences shift.
Stock & Ticker: Perella Weinberg Partners (PWP), Dole (DOLE), Playtika (PLTK), Nexters (GDEV), Traeger (COOK), Solo Brands (DTC), Holley (HLLY), F45 Training (FXLV), Xponential Fitness (XPOF), Sun Country Airlines (SNCY), Open Lending (XPOF), Endeavor (EDR)
(4) Executive Interview: Nucor has officially sent its first coil of net-zero carbon steel to General Motors, says CEO (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/27/nucor-has-officially-sent-its-first-coil-of-net-zero-carbon-steel-to-general-motors-says-ceo.html)
Leon Topalian, president and CEO of Nucor, appeared on Thursday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
Ticker: NUE [charitable trust owns NUE]
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Don’t sell Canopy Growth at these low levels (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/27/cramers-lightning-round-dont-sell-canopy-growth-at-these-low-levels.html)
- Maxar Technologies: “I think that people are upset that the [Federal Trade Commission sued to block Lockheed Martin’s acquisition of Aerojet Rocketdyne]. It’s a defense contractor. People feel that they’re all going to get bought up. Now, the government doesn’t seem to want that, so it’s kind of stillborn but it’s a good company.”
- Vista Outdoor: “That’s actually one of the most inexpensive stocks in the entire market. Just so you know, they’re actually featuring CamelBak right now and Bell, the helmet company, but people just regard them as a munitions company, and they’re far more than that.”
- AbbVie: “AbbVie broke out today…. My problem is every time they break out, they break down when they report. But I think AbbVie is good, and it’s got a good dividend. I’m sticking with it.”
- Canopy Growth: “At a certain point, Canopy Growth has got to be worth something because it’s got that terrific backer in Constellation Brands. It’s got a good CEO. There was so much damage done before this, I would not sell that stock here. It could go to $5, I know. But at a certain point, there’s going to be consolidation.”
- Trade Desk: ”[CEO] Jeff Green is terrific. This is a high price to earnings multiple stock. Remember what I say: They’ve got to be inexpensive companies that return capital [to shareholders], that make things, and Jeff has got a good company but it’s 84 times earnings, and the market is not buying it. It’s got to go lower.”
- WW International: “No, I don’t want you to. Just because it’s going down does not make it cheap.”
Ticker: MAXR, VSTO, CRNC, ABBV, CGC, TTD, WW
(6) [No Video Clip] Chip on the table — Ticker: AMD [buy], NVDA [buy], INTL [do not buy]
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):Yeti Holdings (YETI), Sofi (SOFI), USHG Acquisition Corp. (HUGS) [blank check company], Global Foundaries (GFS)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 27, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 27, 2022 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.