- This topic is empty.
2022-01-28 at 8:41 PM #4973暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, January 28, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Have your buy list ready for any ‘hideous moments’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/cramers-week-ahead-have-your-buy-list-ready-for-hideous-moments-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday previewed next week’s major corporate earnings reports.
- However, the “Mad Money” host warned about the influence S&P 500 futures will play in Wall Street’s sentiment.
- “Have your buys ready for those hideous, nauseous moments because … I bet there will be more ahead,” Cramer said.
[Charitable trust own AMD, PYPL]
(2) Executive Interview: Boot Barn CEO says the retailer’s oil-related apparel sales are finally growing after 2-year slump (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/boot-barn-ceo-oil-related-apparel-sales-are-finally-growing-after-2-year-slump.html)
- Boot Barn CEO Jim Conroy told CNBC on Friday the western apparel retailer is finally seeing sales strengthen in its oil-related categories.
- “That business, which had been negative for probably two straight years, turned double-digit positive in January,” Conroy said on “Mad Money.”
Ticker: Boot Barn (BOOT)
(3) [No Video Clip] Am I Diversified?
- AMD, UPS, CVS, KO, GE — diversified
- AAPL, ABNB, BA, LUCID, Astra — I like it for young person
- HASI, PPG, KKR, RPRX, FMC — Need to add growth stock for young person
- BX, PFE, GOOGL, LOW, VICI
- AAPL, AMD, BHC, SBUX, MS — Replace AMC with Caterpillar or Chevron
(4) Rockwell Automation CEO discusses productivity growth in China and the semiconductor crunch (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/01/28/rockwell-automation-ceo-discusses-productivity-growth-in-china-and-the-semiconductor-crunch.html)
Blake Moret, chairman and chief executive officer of Rockwell Automation, appeared on Friday’s episode of “Mad Money” with CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Greenbrier Companies is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/cramers-lightning-round-greenbrier-companies-is-a-buy.html)
- ThredUp: “See, that’s the kind of stuff [that] used to work. An interesting growth clothing exchange. I’ve just go to tell you [it’s a no-go].”
- Asana: “There are 72,000 collaborative software companies. 72,000. Now, OK, not really, but there’s a bunch, and I don’t want them. They’re not working.”
- Greenbrier Companies: “I’ve always liked that company. That’s a company that makes things and does stuff that’s valuable, and we are short those [railcars]. We don’t have enough. I say [buy, buy, buy] because it’s down. It shouldn’t be down.”
- Hillenbrand: “Business machines, products. Perfect. I like it. Always have. 12 times earnings. Makes things, does stuff. Dividend. Works.”
- Herc Holdings: “No, be here because I think it’s going to be good. Same reason why I like United Rentals. I am a believer. It’s the same reason I like Nucor. … Stay with this one.”
Ticker: TDUP, ASAN, GBX, HI, HRI
(6) Jim Cramer’s advice for young investors who want to build wealth in the stock market (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/jim-cramers-advice-for-young-stock-investors-who-want-to-build-wealth.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday issued a plea to young investors who may be new to the stock market and want to build long-term wealth.
- “I’m asking all these younger investors who keep toying with options to please listen up: I’m begging you, just own something, own it for the long-term,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Ticker: AAPL, HOOD
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience): Shopify (PHOP)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of January 28, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from January 28, 2022 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.