- This topic is empty.
2022-05-23 at 10:52 PM #5511暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Wednesday, May 18, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Fed’s Powell must ‘slay these seven dragons’ for market to recover, Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/cramer-powell-must-slay-these-seven-dragons-for-market-to-recover.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday went through a list of economic problems that Federal Reserve Chair Jay Powell needs to address to tamp down inflation and in turn help the stock market rebound.
- “If Powell can slay these seven dragons, then making money in the stock market will come easy again. Until then, though, expect more horrific days like today,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Problem Areas Facing Powell: (i) Housing [8%], (ii) Autos [5-7%], (iii) Labor, (iv) Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, (v) High freight costs, (vi) Airfares, (vii) Consumer savings glut
Ticker: TGT, WMT, HD,
(2) Executive Interview: Wingstop is seeing ‘meaningful deflation’ in chicken wings, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/wingstop-is-seeing-meaningful-deflation-in-chicken-wings-ceo-says.html)
- Chicken wings have come down in price since soaring last year, Wingstop chief executive Michael Skipworth told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday.
- “The price of wings last year .. hit $3.22 a pound, and we fast forward to today, and it’s $1.63 a pound,” Skipworth said in an interview on “Mad Money.”
- Skipworth, who became CEO of Wingstop in March, also credited high demand for chicken breasts as helping tamp down wing costs.
(3) Jim Cramer says investors should eye these two lithium stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/jim-cramer-says-investors-should-eye-these-two-lithium-stocks.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday offered investors two lithium stocks he believes should be on their shopping lists.
- “I’m only endorsing Albemarle and Livent for a trade. I like lithium here and I think these two have more upside because they’ve been kept down by the bad stock market,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Ticker: ALB, LTHM
(4) Executive Interview: Alteryx training sign-ups are at record levels, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/18/alteryx-training-sign-ups-are-at-record-levels-ceo-says.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Alteryx CEO Mark Anderson on Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Vertex Energy is going higher (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/cramers-lightning-round-vertex-energy-is-going-higher.html)
- Veru Inc: “The stock is up a great deal. … We caught it much lower.”
- Golden Ocean Group Ltd: “You cannot afford to stick around, even though the yield’s good.”
- Vertex Energy Inc: “That stock is going higher.”
- BioNTech SE: “I like BioNTech.”
Ticker: VERU, GOGL, VTNR, BNTX
(6) [No Video Clip] Target and Walmart can do better, Cramer says of the companies’ most recent quarters (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/05/18/target-and-walmart-can-do-better-cramer-says-of-the-companies-most-recent-quarters.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer gave his take on Walmart’s and Target’s most recently quarterly reports and why he’s being tough on the two companies in Wednesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
Ticker: TGT, WMT
Other Stock Discussed (call with audiences): Charles River (CRL), The Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW), Barrick Gold Corporation (GOLD), Alpha Metallurgical Resources (AMR)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 18, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 18, 2022 (Wednesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.