- This topic is empty.
2022-06-04 at 1:36 AM #5550暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, June 3, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: Watch for consumer trends to gauge the state of inflation (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/cramers-week-ahead-consumer-trends-will-gauge-the-state-of-inflation.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Friday that any signs of consumer negativity next week will be a welcome sign for the Federal Reserve in its fight against inflation.
- “I know it’s a total drag to hope for negativity, but that’s what we need right now” to bring inflation down, he said. “I bet we’ll find that confidence is falling rapidly.”
[Charitable trust owns APPL, LLY, AMD]
(2) [No Video Clip] Am I diversified? Jim Cramer makes the call (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/06/03/am-i-diversified-jim-cramer-makes-the-call.html)
The “Mad Money” host analyzed callers’ portfolios and determined whether they are diversified enough in Friday’s episode of the show.
- Duke Energy (DUK), Enbridge (ENB) [natural gas], P&G (PG), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), AT&T (T) –> diversified
- AbbVie (ABBV), Chevron (CVX), DOW (DOW), Prudential (PRU), Verizon (VZ) –> Swap PRU with Wells Fargo (WFC)
- Amazon (AMZN), Baidu (BIDU), Nvidia (NVDA), Roku (ROKU), ASML [add PG] –> need major surgery. No Chinese stock; remove BIDU and add Amazon (AMZN). Don’t like ROKU; remove ROKU and add Disney (DIS)
- Sigma Lithium Corporation (SGML), Morgan Stanley (MS), Coca-Cola (KO) [terrific], Hormel Foods (HRL), CVR Partners (UAN) –> since HRL and KO move together, remove HRL and add Disney (DIS)
(3) 6 exceptional retail winners that Jim Cramer says are a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/6-exceptional-retail-winners-that-jim-cramer-says-are-a-buy-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Friday highlighted six retail winners with standout quarters that investors should be lining up to purchase.
- “As the market trends down here, every single one of these … is a buy,” the “Mad Money” host said.
List of Winners: AutoZone (AZO) [18 times earnings], Williams Sonoma (WMS) [amazing value], Dollar General (DG), Dollar Tree (DLTR), Macy’s (M) [doing great], Costco (COST) [charitable trust’s favorite]
Runner Up: Best Buy (BBY), Dicks’ Sports Goods (DKS)
[every one of them is a buy]
(4) Executive Interview: ArcBest CEO says she’s not worried about an economic slowdown (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/06/03/arcbest-ceo-says-shes-not-worried-about-an-economic-slowdown.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with ArcBest CEO Judy McReynolds on Friday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I like Lam Research over Taiwan Semiconductor (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/cramers-lightning-round-i-like-lam-research-over-taiwan-semiconductor.html)
- Verizon Communications Inc: “I’ve been recommending the oils, not the telecoms.”
- Occidental Petroleum Corp: “I would prefer to see you in Chevron.”
- Masimo Corp: “Johnson & Johnson … that’s a safer stock.”
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd: “I do not want to own a semiconductor capital equipment stock at this moment. … But if I did, I would own Lam Research.”
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc: “Total spec. That’s all that is.”
- Philip Morris International Inc: “You’ll never hear me recommend it, because I think cigarettes kill people.”
- Monolithic Power Systems Inc: “It sells at 40 times earnings, and you know I’m not recommending stocks unless they have a reasonable multiple.”
Ticker: VZ, OXY, MASI, TSM, ICPT, PM, MPWR
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer says he expects the Fed’s tamp down of inflation to create an ‘orderly slowdown’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/06/03/jim-cramer-says-he-expects-the-feds-tamp-down-of-inflation-to-create-an-orderly-slowdown.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer gave his take on the Federal Reserve’s actions and why he doesn’t expect massive joblessness to come with interest rate hikes in Friday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
Other Stock Discussed (call with audiences): P&G (PG) [Charitable trust owns it], REGN [worth buying], Casers Entertainment (CZR) [they do not make money, Charitable trust owns Wynn], Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (OLLI), Kohl’s (KSS) [get Target, Home Depot]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 3, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 3, 2022 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.