- This topic is empty.
2022-07-05 at 9:40 PM #5711暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Cramer says investors shouldn’t fear market declines and instead look for buying opportunities (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/05/jim-cramer-look-for-the-buying-opportunities-in-market-declines.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday said that investors shouldn’t fear the market’s declines now that interest rates are coming down since that means there are buying opportunities.
- “You can’t have it both ways. You can’t be scared of higher rates and lower rates,” the “Mad Money” host said.
(2) Jim Cramer picks 7 Dow stocks that investors should consider owning (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/05/jim-cramer-picks-7-dow-stocks-that-investors-should-consider-owning.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday offered investors his stock picks from the best- and worst-performing stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average during the first half of the year.
- Companies in the Dow “tend to be boring, mature companies that typically pay nice dividends, which is what protects you when the Fed is tightening,” the “Mad Money” host said.
worst-performing names in the Dow best-performing names in the Dow
- Disney: Cramer said he is optimistic about the stock’s future.
- Nike: He said that he believes investors should start building a position in the stock now.
- Salesforce: Investors should snap up shares of Salesforce before its Dreamforce conference this fall, where the company conducts “a ton of business,” he said.
- Home Depot: Cramer said that he believes the stock has a compelling long-term story, but investors might be able to get a better price for the stock later down the line.
- Cisco Systems: The stock looks tempting at its current price, which means the Charitable Trust is going to hold on to its shares of the company, according to Cramer.
- Merck: Cramer said the company is recession-proof, reports consistent earnings and has “juicy” dividends, which makes its stock worthy of investors’ cash — unless rates continue to go down.
- Coca-Cola: The company has a bright future ahead of it now that its supply chain costs are coming down, Cramer said.
(3) Jim Cramer gives his take on oil and gas stocks (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/07/05/jim-cramer-gives-his-take-on-oil-and-gas-stocks.html)
The “Mad Money” host broke down his thoughts on oil and gas stocks and whether investors should own them on Tuesday’s episode of the show.
(4) Jim Cramer says investors should eye these three tech names in the Nasdaq 100 (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/05/jim-cramer-says-investors-should-eye-these-three-tech-names-in-the-nasdaq-100-.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday told investors his three stock picks from the worst- and best-performing stocks in the Nasdaq 100 during the first half of this year.
- “Tech’s become absolutely hated, maybe so hated that I think we could see a serious bounce,” he said.
best performers in the Nasdaq 100 worst performers in the Nasdaq 100 Vertex Pharmaceuticals
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: I have no catalyst to recommend SoFi (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/05/cramers-lightning-round-i-have-no-catalyst-to-recommend-sofi.html)
- Oasis Petroleum Inc: “Everybody hates oil so much, we’ve got to do more work. But I like the idea in principle.”
- Cloudflare Inc: “I don’t like companies that aren’t making money, but I think [CEO] Matthew Prince should come on the show because they are doing so well.”
- MP Materials Corp: “It has been a good stock to buy in the $20s and it’s almost there. May I suggest you do that.”
- Dow Inc: “I think you buy it in the $40s.”
- Citigroup Inc: “May I suggest you buy Morgan Stanley.”
- Warner Bros Discovery: “If Warner Brothers Discovery at $14 is a buy, then you should just take every penny and buy Disney.”
- SoFi Technologies: “I do not understand it. It’s at $5. That makes no sense to me. … That said, I have no catalyst to recommend the stock.”
- Danaos Corp: “I can’t recommend this stock.”
Ticker: CHRD, NET, MP, DOW, C, WBD, SOFI, DAC
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer offers his thoughts on the crash in crypto (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/07/05/jim-cramer-offers-his-thoughts-on-the-crash-in-crypto.html)
The “Mad Money” host gave his thoughts on the downturn in the crypto market on Tuesday’s episode of the show.
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Roku (ROKU),Ford (F) [Charitable Trust sold but inching to buy back]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of July 5, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from July 5, 2022 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.