- This topic is empty.
2022-08-14 at 10:34 PM #5818暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, August 9, 2022. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts.
(1) Don’t bet against short sellers in this market, Jim Cramer warns (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/dont-bet-against-short-sellers-in-this-market-jim-cramer-warns.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday warned investors to avoid buying money-losing stocks in a bet against short sellers.
- “In a market that’s presenting you with ample opportunities to lose money, I can’t endorse buying these money-losing stocks in the hope of engineering a short squeeze,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Stocks & Tickers: (i) Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), (ii) Upstart (UPST), (iii) AMC (AMC), (iv) Beyond Meat (BYND), (v) Wayfair (W), (vi) GameStop (GME)
(2) Executive Interview: Take-Two Interactive CEO says pinched consumers are putting more pressure on mobile gaming than PC and console (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/09/take-two-interactive-ceo-says-pinched-consumers-are-putting-more-pressure-on-mobile-gaming-than-pc-and-console.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(3) Executive Interview: Restaurateur Danny Meyer says inflation has helped drive workers back into the food industry (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/restaurateur-inflation-has-helped-push-workers-back-into-the-food-industry.html)
- High inflation and the money-making opportunities it’s created have driven workers back to the restaurant industry, Danny Meyer told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Tuesday.
- “If you do have a tipping model in your restaurants, servers are making more money than they’ve ever made before,” the restaurateur said in an interview on “Mad Money.”
(4) Executive Interview: Planet Fitness CEO says company isn’t raising its $10 a month membership fee (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/09/planet-fitness-ceo-says-company-isnt-raising-its-10-a-month-membership-fee.html)
CNBC’s Jim Cramer spoke with Planet Fitness CEO Chris Rondeau on Tuesday’s episode of “Mad Money.”
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Dropbox is a pass (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/cramers-lightning-round-dropbox-is-a-pass.html)
- Tellurian Inc: “I think that stock is a buy.”
- Dropbox Inc: “Nothing ever happens to the stock, and I think that that’s because nothing’s going to happen to the stock. … I’m going to have to say, pass.”
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd: “I don’t recommend any Chinese stocks. … They break your heart too many times.”
- Companhia Siderurgica Nacional SA: “People don’t want to own steel companies at this point in the cycle, and if they do, they’re going to buy Nucor.”
- 23andMe Holding Co: “The stock has no mojo. That’s a technical term for ‘not going anywhere.’”
- JPMorgan Chase & Co: “It’s starting to go higher. [CEO Jamie Dimon], take that.”
- EOG Resources Inc: “EOG’s one of the best oil companies in the world.”
Ticker: TELL, DBX, BABA, SID, ME, JPM, EOG
(6) [No Video Clip] Jim Cramer gives his take on Micron Technology (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2022/08/09/jim-cramer-gives-his-take-on-micron-technology.html)
The “Mad Money” host gave his thoughts on Micron after the company preannounced to the downside on Tuesday.
Ticker: MU, NVDA [Charitable trust sold when price was high, not buying back yet], AMD
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audience):The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC) or Intel Corporation (INTC) [Neither, buy JNJ], Generac Holdings Inc. (GNRC), Snap (SNAP) [No life]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of August 9, 2022
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from August 9, 2022 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.