- This topic is empty.
2021-03-02 at 9:03 PM #3448暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1）Stocks are trading on reopening optimism but risks remain, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/jim-cramer-stocks-are-trading-on-reopening-optimism-but-risks-remain.html)
- After major averages closed lower on Tuesday, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the market is trading on coronavirus optimism.
- “They’re leaving these secular growth stories, the stocks of companies that do well regardless of whether the economy is running hot or cold,” the “Mad Money” host said about Tuesday’s activity.
- “Instead, they’re finding their way to stocks of companies that only make big money when business is booming,” he explained.
He warned that health, government and extreme optimism can put the market at risk.
(2) Executive Interview: Johnson & Johnson CEO on Merck vaccine partnership: ‘Extraordinary times take extraordinary efforts’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/jj-ceo-on-merck-vaccine-deal-extraordinary-times-take-extraordinary-efforts.html)
- Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky spoke confidently on the drug giant’s plan to work with rival Merck to ramp up production of its one-shot coronavirus vaccine.
- “What this means is that Americans are going to get shots in the arm faster, and we’re very excited about the potential impact that this can have overall on the situation,” he told CNBC’s Jim Cramer.
(3) Executive Interview: XL Fleet CEO on deploying electric vehicle charging stations in New York City (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/02/xl-fleet-ceo-on-bringing-electric-car-charging-stations-to-new-york.html)
XL Fleet CEO Tod Hynes broke down a deal the vehicle electrification company made with UBS Arena and New York Islanders to roll out 1,000 electric vehicle charging stations to service consumer cars during events and fleet vehicles during off-hours.
(4) Executive Interview: Canopy leveraging Constellation relationship to bring CBD-infused drink to U.S. stores (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/canopy-says-constellation-helping-bring-cbd-infused-drink-to-us-stores.html)
- Canopy Growth announced it will begin selling Quatreau sparkling water online in the U.S. It plans to put the drinks on store shelves later this year.
- The company on Tuesday announced it has begun selling four flavors of the drink in America online.
- “You’ll see us try to really tap into that more and more over time with our Quatreau CBD drinks, and ultimately our THC-branded drinks when we can get them into the U.S.,” Klein said of its partnership with Constellation, which has a nearly 40% stake in the company.
(5) Executive Interview: Public Service Enterprise Group CEO maps a carbon-free energy future (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/15/ghost-kitchens-could-be-1-trillion-opportunity-in-next-decade.html)
Public Service Enterprise Group CEO Ralph Izzo discussed the energy company’s pledge to exit all parts of the merchant power business that does not include carbon-free energy.
(6) Cramer’s lightning round: I think Zillow is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/cramer-lightning-round-i-think-zillow-is-a-buy.html)
- Cognyte Software: “I’ve got to learn more about that [company] … My favorite in [cybersecurity] is Palo Alto Networks.”
- Borgwarner: “Bingo! You have got it. Absolutely. And, by the way, let me throw in Magna as another one that I like. Automobiles are red hot.”
- Oracle: “Oracle is a very inexpensive stock with a good balance sheet.”
- Zillow Group: “Zillow happens to be on fire … I know it’s come back down and I think it’s a buy … Rates need to stay here, though. They can’t go up a lot.”
- Pfizer: “Stock yields 4.5%, just doens’t have a lot of momentum. Is it an OK to own? Absolutely. Is it the kind of stock that I like to have in my portfolio, like a Bristol-Myers? You can argue that’s a little stalled, too, but I think it’s going to do better than Pfizer.”
- Incyte: “There are issues with the company. It’s not doing as well as I’d like, and this whole group is under a lot of pressure.”
- Hydrofarm: “I believe that Canopy is the best.”
Ticker: CGNT, BWA, PANW, MGA, ORCL, ZG, PFE, BMY, INCY, HYFM, CGC
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of March 2, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from March 2, 2021 (Tuesday) episode’ is closed to new replies.