- This topic is empty.
2021-05-20 at 8:21 PM #3772暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, May 20, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer adds current and past AT&T CEOs to Wall of Shame: ‘Thanks for nothing’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/20/jim-cramer-adds-att-ceo-to-wall-of-shame-thanks-for-nothing.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer placed the current and immediate past chief executives of telecom giant AT&T on the “Mad Money” Wall of Shame for their dealmaking.
- “Randall Stephenson and John Stankey, welcome to the Wall of Shame. Thanks for nothing,” the “Mad Money” host said.
- “When rich people question why their taxes are going up, when they wonder why they’ve gotten so unpopular, I want them to look at these two names,” he said.
(2) Executive Interview: Barrick Gold CEO: No one can print gold, cryptocurrencies can be made (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/20/barrick-gold-ceo-no-one-can-print-gold-cryptocurrencies-can-be-made.html)
Barrick Gold CEO Mark Bristow made a case for why gold is a better store of value than cryptocurrency.
(3) Executive Interview: Bank of America ‘willing to pay what it takes’ to hire best talent, CEO says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/20/bank-of-america-willing-to-pay-what-it-takes-to-hire-best-talent-ceo-says.html)
- “We want that kind of talent in our company and we’re willing to pay what it takes to get it,” Moynihan told CNBC’s Jim Cramer in a “Mad Money” interview.
- Moynihan’s comments came after Bank of America announced Tuesday that it would hike its minimum wage to $25 per hour by 2025.
(3) Executive Interview: Palo Alto Networks CEO says work from home is ‘here to stay’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/20/palo-alto-networks-ceo-says-work-from-home-is-here-to-stay.html)
Palo Alto Networks CEO Nikesh Arora said the networks security company is benefiting from a rise in remote security and software-as-a-service products as companies adapt to new workplace trends.
(4) Cramer’s lightning round: Buy more Paysafe (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/20/cramers-lightning-round-buy-more-paysafe.html)
- Hyliion Holdings: “These companies are all doing what they should do, but the market doesn’t like them as much as they used to, including Hyliion. It’s doing exactly what it should do, so longer-term it should pan out.”
- Paysafe: “That is Bill Foley … if Bill is in there, then I think you can buy more, frankly.”
- Shift Technologies: “You mentioned the one I really like, Lithia … That’s the one to buy. They are a very, very good company.”
- Utz Brands: “Utz did not have a good quarter. Utz is now showing what it’s like to not have the scale that Frito Lay has. I would prefer you to buy PepsiCo because we’re at a time where freight and cost of goods sold are going up, and Utz can’t pass it on as easily as Frito Lay can.”
Ticker: HYLN, PSFE, SFT, LAD, UTZ, PEP
(5) [No Video Clip] Use of margin in investing
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Sony Group (SONY), Chipotle (CMG) [strong buy here]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 20, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 20, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.