- This topic is empty.
2021-05-24 at 9:45 PM #3782暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, May 24, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says the market is set up well for stocks to keep rallying. Here’s why (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/24/jim-cramer-says-stocks-are-likely-to-keep-rallying-heres-why.html)
- Monday’s gains on Wall Street may be part of a sustained rally for stocks, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- “I’ll say stocks could keep running until something systemic happens, because the market’s set up pretty darned well for the foreseeable future,” the “Mad Money” host contended.
- In general, Cramer sees a number of factors that are limiting selling pressure in the market.
What’s driving the market higher? — Absence of IPOs (eg. OTLY, SQSP) , Demise of the SPACS, Pandemic Savings, Crypto Turmoil Curtailed, Buybacks, Capital Gains worries subsiding, Money Following into Index Funds
(2) [No Video Clip] Executive Interview — Ticker: MLM
(3) [No Video Clip] Ticker: RBLX [wait for pull back, but can buy small position right now]
(4) Executive Interview: Utz CEO says expanding into dollar stores is a promising way to help grow sales (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/05/24/utz-ceo-expanding-into-dollar-stores-is-promising-way-to-grow-sales.html)
Dylan Lissette, the chief executive of Utz, told CNBC’s Jim Cramer that expansion into dollar stores is promising way for the snack maker to boost sales.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Dump shares of Nio and buy Tesla instead (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/24/cramers-lightning-round-dump-shares-of-nio-and-buy-tesla-instead-.html)
- Vale S.A.: “I can’t believe that I’m actually going to recommend Vale, but I’m going to recommend it because I just think this is a multi-year move. I do like Cleveland-Cliffs more, though, OK? Because I don’t trust that whole country to get it right. Cleveland-Cliffs is better.”
- Nucor: “Listen to me on Nucor, it’s a multi-year move. … Remember, it is the best-performing stock in the S&P so far this year. When Nucor gets going, that is nothing. It’s a multi-year move. The moves are either two or three years, so a reasonable price target? No. You have to have a reasonable timeline, and the timeline is several years out.”
- Nio: “You should be switching. You should be in Tesla. Remember the piece that we did with Larry Williams… a couple weeks ago which said this is the single best time to buy Tesla, right here, right now? That’s what you’re going to do tomorrow.”
- Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. V: “That’s SoFi. I like SoFi. That’s [CEO] Anthony Noto. He’s on his game. I think you’re fine with it. I’d buy some.”
Ticker: VALE, CLF, NUE, NIO, TESLA, IPOE,
(6) Cramer says he’s confident inflation will not end up crushing U.S. economy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/24/cramer-confident-inflation-will-not-end-up-crushing-us-economy.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said he’s not concerned the U.S. economy will face runaway inflation during its Covid recovery.
- Instead, the “Mad Money” host predicted a “soft landing” once supply chain and wage pressures ease.
- “We may finally have some real inflation, but I don’t think their dire predictions of financial catastrophe will suddenly start coming true,” he said.
Much ado about nothing? – The state of the consumer, retail spending, inflated wages, Commodity inflation
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Facebook (FB)
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of May 24, 2021.
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from May 24, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.