- This topic is empty.
2021-09-20 at 7:42 PM #4249暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Monday, September 20, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Jim Cramer says he sees no reason to buy the stock market dip just yet (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/jim-cramer-says-he-sees-no-reason-to-buy-the-stock-market-dip-just-yet.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday he’s not yet found a reason to turn bullish on the stock market.
- The “Mad Money” host said “mindless dip-buying” is no longer a suitable strategy.
- “I can’t turn positive until I find an actual reason to change my mind,” Cramer said.
Reasons not to buy the dip, until further notice: (i) Chinese Conundrum, (ii) Debut ceiling issue, (iii) uncertainty over infrastructure bill, further stimulus, (iv) Ongoing COVID crisis, (v) Talk about tapering, (vi) Seasonably weak time of year, (v) Endless supply of new stocks
(2) Executive Interview: Airbnb CEO reflects on co-founding the company after it’s now welcomed 1 billion guests (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/09/20/airbnb-ceo-reflects-on-co-founding-the-company-after-its-now-welcomed-1-billion-guests.html)
Brian Chesky, the CEO and co-founder of Airbnb, was interviewed by “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Monday’s edition of the show.
(3) Cramer says U.S. economy unlikely to face major damage from struggling Chinese developer Evergrande (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/jim-cramer-says-us-economy-unlikely-to-face-major-damage-from-evergrande.html)
- Struggling Chinese property developer Evergrande is unlikely to cause major damage to the U.S. economy and financial system, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday.
- However, the “Mad Money” host said, “Evergrande is definitely a systemic risk for China.”
What’ went wrong with Evergrane?: [August & September 2020] China introduces new policy for real estate developers, “three red lines”; [June 2021] Chinese Regulators tell Evergrande’s creditors to stress test their exposure; [July 2021] Halted sales/mortgages prevented to buyers/ special dividend not paid; [End of August 2021] Evergrande warns it risked defaulting on debts if it couldn’t raise cash; [September 1, 2021] Evergrande Chairman leges to complete construction on all pre-sold home; [September8m 2021] Evergrande suspends interest payments on loans to two banks; [September 13 & 14, 2021] Protests at Headquarters & downbeat assessment o financial conditions; [September 16, 2021] Evergrande applied for a suspension in trading of its onshore bonds
Bottom Line: I think you can sit this out for a couple weeks then buy stocks with zero China connection at better price.
(4) Executive Interview: BeautyHealth CEO says ‘consumer awareness’ is the HydraFacial owner’s biggest competition (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/09/20/beautyhealth-ceo-says-consumer-awareness-is-the-hydrafacial-owners-biggest-competition.html)
Clint Carnell, the chief executive officer of BeautyHealth, told “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer on Monday that the company’s primary competition is consumer awareness for its brands such as HydraFacial.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Raytheon Technologies is a buy (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/cramers-lightning-round-raytheon-technologies-is-a-buy.html)
- Mastercraft Boat Holdings Inc.: “I think that it’s hostaged by a belief that that industry was an industry that was great during Covid and as Covid winds down people are not going to buy boats. I disagree. I agree with you, and I like Brunswick.”
- Nokia: “I am warming up to Nokia. That’ll be the first time since 1998. I’m not kidding. I think that they’re doing some things right. I’ve been waiting for the stock to come down, and it’s there. Let’s keep it close and do work.”
- Element Solutions Inc.: “I don’t know Element Solutions.”
- AutoNation Inc.: “It’s a great company. AutoNation is a great company. Anything used is a great company. I like Lithia, too. I’ve got to tell you: I think this is their time, and as long as there’s a chip shortage, it works.”
- Raytheon Technologies Corp.: “Raytheon, buy some tomorrow and then buy some on the way down. The market is headed lower.”
- Spirit Aerosystems: “No. Right now we’re a little cool on the aerospace industry. We’re watching Boeing go down. I own it for the charitable trust. Under $190, that’s where I pull the trigger there.”
- Workhorse Group Inc.: “No, no, no, no, no, no. Right now we’ve got enough problems owning Ford Motor, which is the king of pickups.”
Ticker: MCFT, BC, NOK, ESI, AN, LAD, RTX, SPR, WKHS, F
(6) Cramer urges investors to take some crypto profits, citing Evergrande-related tether risks (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/cramer-says-take-crypto-profits-cites-evergrande-related-tether-risks.html)
- CNBC’s Jim Cramer said Monday investors should take profits in their crypto holdings.
- The “Mad Money” host said the struggles of Chinese developer Evergrande are likely to keep weighing on crypto markets.
Other Stocks Discussed (Calls with Audiences): Salesforce (CRM) [Don’t trade], Genuine Parts (GPC) [my favorite is Lithium Motor, Ford], Facebook (FB), MGM Growth Properties (MGP) [No], Cubesmart (CUBE) [good one]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of September 20, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from September 20, 2021 (Monday) episode’ is closed to new replies.