- This topic is empty.
2021-03-19 at 10:53 PM #3492暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Friday, March 19, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Cramer’s week ahead: The bond market is dictating stock trading (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/19/cramer-week-ahead-the-bond-market-is-influencing-stock-trading.html)
- “Like it or not, stocks are joined at the hip with the bond market right now,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite has fallen in recent weeks and remains down 7% from its high about a month ago.
- The rotation from tech to value stocks, however, won’t last forever, Cramer said.
(2) Executive Interview: Utz Brands doubles down on digital ads to grow snack sales, retain customers (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/19/utz-brands-doubles-down-on-digital-ads-to-grow-snack-sales-retain-customers.html)
- Utz Brands plans to increase digital marketing spend by about 60% in fiscal 2021 from a year ago.
- “What we love about [digital ads] is the fact that you really are able to turn on a dime … and pursue what works,” Utz CEO Dylan Lissette said in an interview on CNBC’s “Mad Money.”
- Lissette said there’s more opportunity in social media and digital ads “as opposed to sort of doing one commercial and running it for a year and realizing it didn’t really give you what you needed.”
(3) Executive Interview: Upstart CEO on using artificial intelligence to increase access to consumer credit (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/19/upstart-ceo-on-using-ai-to-increase-access-to-consumer-credit.html)
Upstart co-founder and CEO Dave Girouard said the online lending platform is among the first to apply artificial intelligence to address issues in money lending operations. He explained how his company seeks to play in a big market opportunity.
(4) Executive Interview: Twilio CEO says company is working with governments and nonprofits on vaccine outreach (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/19/twilio-ceo-son-working-with-governments-nonprofits-on-vaccine-outreach.html)
Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson discussed how the cloud communications provider is partnering with hundreds of public and nonprofit entities to help coordinate in administering Covid-19 vaccines to individuals.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: Keep buying Boeing (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/19/cramer-lightning-round-keep-buying-boeing.html)
- Signet Jewelers: “You’ve got to hold it because [CEO] Gina Drosos she’s got the game plan and it is working. You do not want to get rid of that one, man. That company is just now on its right footing.”
- Live Nation Entertainment: “I don’t want to bet against [CEO] Michael Rapino even though I do believe that, you know, it’s run up a lot in anticipation of everybody being vaccinated, but Rapino’s the real deal.”
- Marathon Digital Holdings: “It sounds great … but here’s the problem: How about the fact that it has almost no revenues. How about the fact that it keeps losing money. Why don’t you, if you like crypto mining, go buy the company that makes the Ethereum cards. Go buy Nvidia.”
- Boeing: “This is the ultimate opening of the economy play. … I say continue to buy.”
- Coupang: “It’s great for speculation, but not more.”
Ticker: SIG, LYV, MARA, EVDA, BA, HGEN, CPNG,
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of March 19, 2021.
Previous Episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from March 19, 2021 (Friday) episode’ is closed to new replies.