- This topic is empty.
2021-06-24 at 10:23 PM #3882暮眞★潤 (Jun Kurema)Keymaster
This page contains summary of CNBC program “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” which was on air on Thursday, June 24, 2021. It also contains links to CNBC sites which contain video clips and transcripts are also listed.
(1) Infrastructure deal produced a ‘jailbreak’ moment on Wall Street, Jim Cramer says (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/jim-cramer-infrastructure-deal-created-a-jailbreak-moment-in-stocks.html)
- The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite posted record closing highs, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped more than 300 points to move closer to its all-time high.
- “If you want to sum up today’s terrific action in a single word, that word is jailbreak,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said on “Mad Money.”
Today’s top performers – As of President Biden’s infrastructure pressure: LLY, TSLA, URI, CAT, DRI, VMC, ALGN, WFC [charitable trust owns it], ARVO, SWKS
(2) Executive Interview: Vista Outdoor CEO on demand for products: ‘We can’t produce enough of them’ (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/06/24/vista-outdoor-ceo-on-demand-for-products-we-cant-produce-enough.html)
Vista Outdoor CEO Chris Metz discussed what was a record year for its outdoor products business as more and more millennials begin shopping its brands.
(3) Cramer advises Carvana investors lock in gains after dueling analyst calls (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/cramer-advises-carvana-investors-lock-in-gains-after-dueling-analyst-calls.html)
- “Carvana’s [stock has] come roaring back lately, but this is the rare turbo-charged growth name that’s actually somewhat hostage to the broader economy,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
- The comments come one day after Carvana, an online used car marketplace, was the target of conflicting analyst recommendations from Jefferies and JPMorgan.
Analyst Opinion: JP Morgan (downgraded to neutral from overweight, maintained price target of $325) vs Jefferies (Maintained Buy rating, raised price target to $400 from $375) — Cramer leans towards JP Morgan, and take some off from the table
(4-1) Executive Interview: Starbucks CEO denies reports of shortages in cups and coffee (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/starbucks-ceo-denies-rumors-of-shortages-in-cups-and-coffee.html)
- Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said the coffee company is not facing a shortage of supplies in cups and coffee, though there are operational challenges elsewhere.
- “We’ve had some shortages in the bakery case, that certainly is true,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview.
(4-2) Starbucks CEO says business is rebounding in markets where vaccinations are up (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/starbucks-ceo-sees-rebound-in-markets-where-vaccinations-are-up.html)
- “Consumer mobility shot through the roof and … we started seeing traffic increasing in our stores,” Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson told CNBC’s Jim Cramer in a “Mad Money” interview.
- He also said that Starbucks’ same-store sales are surpassing pre-pandemic levels in regions where consumers are being vaccinated.
(5) Cramer’s lightning round: ‘I want to buy the stock of Verizon’ (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/cramer-lightning-round-i-want-to-buy-the-stock-of-verizon.html)
- Verizon: “I hear that the quarter is going to be better than expected. I think that they’re doing a lot of business with Apple. I want to buy the stock of Verizon.”
- Greenbox Pos: “You should buy PayPal. I think PayPal is the winner. I want to own best of breed.”
- Vuzix: “I have to do work on that billion-dollar company. I’ve got to learn more.”
- Kinder Morgan: “I think KMI’s good. They’re not going to be able to build a lot of pipelines because the president doesn’t want them, therefore that makes me feel there’s scarcity value and I think you should be buying KMI.”
Ticker: VZ, GBOX, VUZI, KMI
(6) [No Video Clip] The Super Growth Rotation — Ticker: ROKU, CRWD, DOCU, ZM, BMBL, APP, TTD, SNOW, TSLA, SQ, PYPL, ZS
Other Stocks Discussed (calls with audiences): Gilead Sciences (GILD) [don’t like it], Barrick Gold (GOLD), Shopify (SHOP) [it will goes higher]
Ref: Links to other sites that relate to episode of June 24, 2021
Previous episode Next Episode
- The topic ‘Mad Money: Key points from June 24, 2021 (Thursday) episode’ is closed to new replies.